Coral Mine (minigame)

• 10 Replies
Coral Mine (minigame)
« on: May 02, 2020, 06:48:44 am »
This will be a simulation of coral mine.

In order to make it interesting and not just some spam post:
Every user has to think of some mathematical problem or physics exercise and other one has to solve it quoting a new math or physics problem.
Moreover, try to find more difficult problems/exercises than it was before and try to solve it using your brains not a computer :P
Remember, here you getting 100 corals for every post you make, here, it comes a challenge with it.

Rules simple:
1. Do not post anything here, except the solution of the last quote and new math/physics exercise.
2. If the answer was right, author of the problem has to tip 200 corals to a user that solved it. So it is also an encouragement to make difficult exercises :P
3. Users that will be participating, once in a while, will randomly receive random sums of corals (from 100 to 1k) from Sour_Candy.

SO, LET'S MAKE SOME CORALS FELLAS: Four gentlemen have put off four identical hats in the locker room. What is the probability that on leaving at least one of them will get back his own hat ?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 07:16:54 am by SourCandy »

woodneko

Re: Coral Mine (minigame)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:20:05 pm »

Every user has to think of some mathematical problem or physics exercise and other one has to solve it quoting a new math or physics problem.
Moreover, try to find more difficult problems/exercises than it was before and try to solve it using your brains not a computer :P
Remember, here you getting 100 corals for every post you make, here, it comes a challenge with it.

Rules simple:
1. Do not post anything here, except the solution of the last quote and new math/physics exercise.
2. If the answer was right, author of the problem has to tip 200 corals to a user that solved it. So it is also an encouragement to make difficult exercises :P
3. Users that will be participating, once in a while, will randomly receive random sums of corals (from 100 to 1k) from Sour_Candy.

SO, LET'S MAKE SOME CORALS FELLAS: Four gentlemen have put off four identical hats in the locker room. What is the probability that on leaving at least one of them will get back his own hat ?

given this is a locker room and clothes in a locker room are placed within metal boxes with locks, i'm going to say 1, assuming no one forgets their combination.

where's my coral

also new problem:

Ozmiander

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 08:26:08 pm »

Rules simple:

given this is a locker room and clothes in a locker room are placed within metal boxes with locks, i'm going to say 1, assuming no one forgets their combination.

where's my coral

also new problem:

SOURCANDY TIPPED 470 CORAL FOR THIS POST

woodneko

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 09:23:07 pm »

Rules simple:

where's my coral

also new problem:

>:(
wrong, didn't even have units, smh

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 01:47:25 pm »
Woodneko: wrong, the correct answer: 62.5%
Since Ozmiander didn't left a new math problem, the latest one going to be:
How come in free fall you feel weightless even though gravity is pulling down on you? (ignore air resistance when answering this question).

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 01:50:40 pm »
ITT SourCandy tricks us into doing his homework
*spork*

woodneko

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 02:01:11 pm »
Woodneko: wrong, the correct answer: 62.5%
Since Ozmiander didn't left a new math problem, the latest one going to be:
How come in free fall you feel weightless even though gravity is pulling down on you? (ignore air resistance when answering this question).

f=ma, you feel no force because you have reached terminal velocity and are no longer accelerating.

Find the MGF for x given the joint PDF f(xy)=e^(-y), 0<x<1, 0<y
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 02:07:19 pm by woodneko »

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 03:04:25 pm »
whats a MGF, is a most goodest faggot? because its me. the answer is me.
m'lady

woodneko

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 03:17:18 pm »
whats a MGF, is a most goodest faggot? because its me. the answer is me.

correct

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 03:28:18 pm »
Hooray! Here's my puzzle
4 6 21
5 8 36
6 3 20
8 7 56
5 10 44
4 4 X

what is x?
m'lady