What bugs did you see today?

• 8 Replies
What bugs did you see today?
« on: May 18, 2018, 08:04:22 pm »
Today I was working in my garden and saw all sorts of bugs. This thread is for posting the insects and terrestrial crustaceans you find in your day to day life! Maybe even help people identify species if you're into that sort of thing?

- Red legged brown butt spider
- Red centipede
- Tons of woodlice
- Honey Bees

I probably saw some other bugs, but I was too busy gardening to pay attention.

The other day I saw a whole bunch of these little bugs that looked kind of like earwigs but only a centimeter long. They didn't have the little claw thing on their butt though, so I think it was something else.
*spork*

Re: What bugs did you see today?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 03:57:27 am »
I got a stack overflow error.  I found it crawling out of a crack in an old I/O module.  #programmingmemes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The username I really wanted was Wetfish Forum Comment Commentator
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aka luke

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 03:00:37 pm »
I saw a lady bug today

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 10:19:07 pm »
I got a stack overflow error.  I found it crawling out of a crack in an old I/O module.  #programmingmemes

The username I really wanted was Wetfish Forum Comment Commentator

This isn't shitpost central, kthx.

I saw a lady bug today

Me too!!!
I saw a couple lady bugs today and a smallish brown spider.

Yesterday I saw a bunch of little round somethings on the bottom of a grass leaf. Like a whole family of tiny black disks !
*spork*

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 12:44:46 pm »
I saw so many bugs this weekend.

Started things off on Saturday with a bunch of aspen leaves that were covered in aphids. Then I noticed there was a giant crab spider (maybe 2cm long) eating aphids as they walked past. A couple ladybugs were there eating the aphids too.

Of course there were isopods everywhere too.

Then I saw this wasp with a really long butt, the whole thing was maybe 4cm long.

Today I saw a MASSIVE yellow butterfly. I didn't get a chance to look at it very long, but it was maybe 7-8 cm wide.

It looked kind of like a yellow swallowtail,

But I feel like its body was bigger than that. Maybe it was a different species?
*spork*

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 03:06:04 pm »
The bugs I saw today were a bunch of tiny orange spiders that crawl into my bedroom whenever I open the window, and then hang from the ceiling and die of starvation a few days later if I don't go around killing them. Somehow they can crawl in/around the screen :(
no don't

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 01:12:23 pm »
The roaches in my apartment. both kinds. oh and bedbugs. that was a fun discovery after moving in. i fucking hate this place. i desperately want my family and myself out of this damn shithole.
IM NAKED

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 04:22:48 pm »
I found a larval ladybug on a cup today in the office, I took it outside to live freely among the grass and eat the fuck out of some aphids.

Ladybugs are awesome predators. I saw one eat another bug for the first time last week.

DIABOLIZER TIPPED 81 CORAL FOR THIS POST

*spork*

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 04:59:28 pm »
I found a larval ladybug on a cup today in the office, I took it outside to live freely among the grass and eat the fuck out of some aphids.

Ladybugs are awesome predators. I saw one eat another bug for the first time last week.

hard core yo.
IM NAKED