Recent Tips

kayimbo

just an update, last weekend I completely forgot about this and instead played video games and watched the walking dead for 16 hours. 
Same plan for this weekend, run it locally, test the already included recent posts feature, test one of the plugins.

Feel free to ping me on irc and be like what the fuck where is this feature.

RACHEL TIPPED FOR THIS POST

Anomaly

Re: Funny shit my dudes
« on: June 10, 2021, 01:57:13 pm »

RACHEL TIPPED 101 CORAL FOR THIS POST

here cums the fuck truck

Re: Wetfish Town Hall Meeting
« on: May 27, 2021, 02:51:33 pm »
I am open on Tuesday, and any time works for me.

I intend to argue against: Any form of centralized authority for what is considered acceptable (though I of course acknowledge that you, rachel, are the only one with any actual power over this network or any of these servers),
i know it sounds great in principle. in my experience the spaces where "everyone has a voice" are not really equally represented at all. Instead, whoever has the time to waste and the desire for petty power - or just has a powerful/manipulative personality - will absolutely dominate, usually by just convincing weaker people to yell for them. The quiet and well thought counterpoints are quickly forgotten in emotional swell. (any Homeowners association or leftist org is a great example of this)

the best communities i've seen have all been benevolent dictatorships.

any deletion of "problematic" material from the wiki (because we were all 4chan trolls back in the day and there's nothing wrong with that, and we mustn't lose sight of where we came from),
this sounds great until you desperately want to forget the night you whipped your balls out and its attached to your "clean" screen name or whatever. i got my wiki article deleted because there was some minor doxxable stuff, i'm very glad rachel obliged me.

i think basic rights to privacy are sorely underrated.

any concept that we must worry about offending the excessively easily offended (for instance redheron; I know she was your friend, rachel, but the combination of her incredibly thin skin and her idea that others should shape their behavior around her weakness meant that an inordinate amount of drama was consistently centered on her),

i agree with a lot of this but there is also a moral obligation of the strong to protect the weak and stupid from the consequences of their own actions. the gentle way to do this is say "okay sweetie we made a special place just for you" and its a heavily censored place where nothing interesting happens. kinda like you would with a child.

idk i've been on the other end of that, triggered (not in a figurative sense) by dumb bull shit and then looked at it a day later and realized i was throwing a tantrum.

the solution to the weaker minds/hearts among us isn't to just piss them off until they grow thicker skin but just put them in a padded room. or sometimes just be patient & kind.

and the idea that Wetfish should change to appeal to those who wouldn't fit in with what we are now.
every community and relationship has to have room to expand. i have been thru two communities that were once a nest of weirdos talking about whatever they wanted, then an in joke about tentacles or whatever became a meme and the only person updating the main site was just posting about tentacles. and that was all the content.

tl;dr I see nothing wrong with the status quo and think that everyone needs to take a chill pill.
why would you want wetfish to be the status quo?

all in all, if you're gonna have cool weirdos around, they're all gonna be different and learn how to tolerate each other. the best communities ive seen all self regulate with a handful (5-10) strong personalities that verbally/emotionally browbeat others into "behaving well" eg replying to cruel insults with better crafted, more cruel insults; adapting to "invasions" by out-memeing the invaders and taking their best. this is however 1) contingent on a core of Good Posters 2) actual Work 3) not actually fun for people who want a quiet conversation 4) chaotic

also i guarantee for every thing you tell normies to chill about there are three things i could find in your head which you are NOT comfortable with people joking about and everyone ELSE is gonna tell YOU to take a chill pill. it is the way of things. also if you don't agree i will rape you till you starve to death.

are you comfortable with wetfish becoming something unfamiliar to you? what if every active, fun to talk to (by your own standards!) poster in wetfish gets really sewage grate photography and thats the new background chatter? would you be okay with that? what would you do?

hth

DIABOLIZER TIPPED 200 CORAL FOR THIS POST

rachel

Re: Wetfish Town Hall Meeting
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:03:02 am »
Just bulldoze #freefish and call it a day. But sure, I'll hang out.

Hey there, you missed the meeting by a few hours. Be sure to join us next month on Thursday July 1st, 2021.

10 members (myself included) were in attendance at the first ever Wetfish Town Hall meeting.

Here is a copy of what was discussed:

Hello everyone!

I've always thought of wetfish like a virtual makerspace, or at least wanted it to be.
A place where people get together to collaborate on projects.
We do that somewhat, but I think it should be encouraged more, with an emphasis on projects outside of tech & software.
Over the years we have made drama the focus of our attention for the lulz
But I dunno, I'm ready to take things seriously

As of January 1st 2021 I have been working full time for Wetfish.
Thanks to our client projects we finally have the budget to rewrite everything.
The main site, the uploader, wiki, forums, as well as developing our own donation and ecommerce platform.
You know, that stuff we've been talking about doing for years but never had the time or resources to do?
Wetfish finally has the budget to pay a team of people to build all of it.

So if you know anyone who knows how to program, build robots, messes around with 3d printers, or anything like that, please get them in contact with me!

Anyway, I'm sure that's not what you thought this meeting was going to be about.
So, let's talk about something that came up recently.

## How I feel about moderation
We need clear server rules and channel rules for wetfish.
And people who will enforce them fairly.

In my opinon the only server rules should be:
1. No posting of content that is illegal under United States Law
2. No threatining violence of users on the network or any people or property, anywhere
3. No actions which disrupt the network or channel moderators
  a. Spamming (Repeatedly sending promotional links to multiple channels or users)
  b. Flooding (Sending so many messages that the server gets slowed down or users disconnect)
  c. Ban Evasion (Using proxies, VPNs, dynamic IP addresses, etc.)

All other rules should be up to the channels themselves.

After reading my vision for the community, the floor was opened to these questions:

How do we deal with drama?
Do we need more moderators?
Do we need to shut down freefish?
What is wetfish to you?
What rules should there be in each channel?

Rothen and libfud both commented that they like Wetfish because it's a cool place to hang out online with friends. Rothen says that the existence of Freefish is important for an inclusive community. Just because we disagree with people doesn't mean they should be removed from the network. Ozmiander says that Freefish is trash and the lack of consistent moderation and rules is the source of our drama.

Upon deliberation we collectively agreed on these rules and decisions:

# Wetfish rules
Just be cool
No instigating
Don't get caught in feedback loops
Don't be a bigot

# Dryfish rules
All rules of Wetfish PLUS
Nothing non-safe for work (Mild cursing is fine, but nothing sexual please. PG-13)
Keep discussions generally work related

# Freefish
Unregister the channel. Ceph has never taken his moderation duties seriously and the people who he gives op selectively enforce rules.

Thank you all for participating. I look forward to seeing you next month

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

MOZAI TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

HYRULEAN TIPPED 400 CORAL FOR THIS POST

rothen

Re: .comic lol
« on: June 06, 2021, 12:11:08 am »

Mozai

Re: Megacorp dystopia memes
« on: June 06, 2021, 11:02:06 am »
Q: Why is suicide illegal?
A: It's "destruction of government property."

here cums the fuck truck

incelephant
« on: June 05, 2021, 07:56:32 pm »

ANOMALY TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

Mozai

Re: who wants to give me bitcoins?
« on: February 14, 2021, 11:55:00 am »
Fictional cryptocurrencies by Scott Alexander.

GenghisCoin: Distributed by proof-of-research; instead of using a random cryptography problem for proof-of-work, the Genghis protocol makes users solve a specific useful problem. In this case, the particular useful problem is mining competing cryptocurrencies with fewer users than GenghisCoin. Once GenghisCoin has mined enough of a competitor, it launches a 51% attack and redistributes the competing coin to its own users in proportion to how many GenghisCoins they have.

VatiCoin After a thousand years, the Catholic Church discovered how to do indulgences right: as tradable digital tokens. Not only does an initial coin offering provide better price discovery than the Pope picking a random number, but sinners who do good deeds later can sell their coins to someone else. Subject of several court cases about whether someone's VatiCoins go to their heirs upon their deaths or whether this would defeat the point; current holders are advised to avoid the problem by not disclosing the password to their wallet.

Driverify: Developed by Tesla's self-driving-car division. Cars mine Driverify with spare computing power while idling, and spend it bidding against each other for right-of-way if they arrive at a four-way stop sign at the same time (users can preprogram how aggressively their cars bid in these auctions). Compatible Teslas would also have fenders that send electrical pulses, transmitting data into the receiver fender of another car. If two Teslas got in a fender-bender, they could use their now-connected fenders to have the at-fault car recompense the victim by transferring an appropriate amount of Driverify.

RedCoin: Karl Marx always said that communism would be a non-hierarchical economic system that prospered after the state withered away. A group of Marxist intellectuals took the obvious next step and made it an altcoin. RedCoin is notable for its reverse-proof-of-stake; you get more RedCoin in proportion to how little RedCoin you have right now, ensuring that all wallets naturally tend toward an equal amount. You can't do decentralized finance on RedCoin, but you can do decentralized linear programming calculations to determine the optimal allocation of goods in a planned economy.

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 111 CORAL FOR THIS POST

Mozai

Re: Monstergirls
« on: June 02, 2021, 07:10:11 pm »
mermaids have needs, yo.

here cums the fuck truck

Re: Disconcerting Images
« on: April 15, 2021, 03:39:29 pm »

KAYIMBO TIPPED 777 CORAL FOR THIS POST

Anomaly

Re: white women are dumb as hell lmao
« on: June 01, 2021, 09:21:12 pm »

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 111 CORAL FOR THIS POST

kayimbo

I'll add recent posts if someone gives me washing machine and yellow body

TAWD TIPPED FOR THIS POST

kayimbo

Re: Adventures in Greed (Megacorps vs Everyday people)
« on: May 24, 2021, 12:12:59 pm »
so, i saw a news article announcing Sonic (the fast food company) announcing new products.
they heard the customer's complaints about the 'ice cream' being fake, and they now are going to have REAL ice cream.

I tried googling it, and although not confirmed, I'm pretty sure they just made a different fake ice cream called 'Real ice cream'.
For instance on the menu it says 'Real ice cream' not 'ice cream'. 
and in all the press releases real is capitalized

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210503005502/en/

TAWD TIPPED FOR THIS POST

here cums the fuck truck

Re: [MEME HUNT] Teddy K memes
« on: May 26, 2021, 08:48:58 pm »

he's really popular among zoomers for some reason

RACHEL TIPPED 1000 CORAL FOR THIS POST

Anomaly

Re: do you like mushrooms?
« on: May 25, 2021, 08:41:01 pm »

TAWD TIPPED 6 CORAL FOR THIS POST