Abstinence Thread

• 34 Replies
Abstinence Thread
« on: December 22, 2016, 07:42:58 pm »
Hey y'all I'd like to make an announcement so that you can hold me accountable to my word.

From now on I am not allowed to smoke / vape / dab / eat edibles / consume any drugs on weekdays. I feel like my total useful output significantly drops when I get stoned every day and I like doing things. We won't be able to change the world if we get high every day.

Exceptions:
- I can do drugs during anime night (but not before or after)
- I can do drugs if someone offers them to me IRL

I've tried doing stuff like this before on my own, but for whatever reason it's hard for me to stick to it unless I tell other people about it. My parents always told me to be true to my word.
*spork*

Re: Abstinence Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 08:52:03 pm »
AWWW YEAH, HERE TO HELP!
讨厌坐地铁-呆保静❣

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 12:59:40 am »
hell yeah
Australia!

lemonrising

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 02:05:53 am »
Yeah we're watching!
We're like fishy santas!

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 03:29:27 am »
Update: I just tried to drink some booze and it immediately gave me a horrible stomach ache. This is the 3rd or 4th time in a row that this has happened while drinking over the past few months (I don't drink every often)

I guess I'm not doing alcohol anymore either
*spork*

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 05:22:02 am »
Update: I just tried to drink some booze and it immediately gave me a horrible stomach ache. This is the 3rd or 4th time in a row that this has happened while drinking over the past few months (I don't drink every often)

i quit doing drugs because of my job but also because i basically turn into a piece of furniture

i would suggest trying wine if you are looking for something in the evening to relax with. most weekdays ill usually have a single glass with dinner.

i cant have beer because it makes me fart and i save liquor for the weekends for cocktails and such.

i usually have one of these in the house for quantity and how affordable it is.

not drinking either is totally fine too!
愛してるよ~!!!

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 05:27:59 am »

i quit doing drugs because of my job but also because i basically turn into a piece of furniture

i would suggest trying wine if you are looking for something in the evening to relax with. most weekdays ill usually have a single glass with dinner.

i cant have beer because it makes me fart and i save liquor for the weekends for cocktails and such.

i usually have one of these in the house for quantity and how affordable it is.

not drinking either is totally fine too!

Over the past couple months I've tried to drink whiskey, tequila, and mikes hard lemonade. Severe stomach ache every time. I'm starting to think my body doesn't want me to drink any alcohol at all
*spork*

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 05:57:20 am »
Over the past couple months I've tried to drink whiskey, tequila, and mikes hard lemonade. Severe stomach ache every time. I'm starting to think my body doesn't want me to drink any alcohol at all
im not sure how you are drinking these but i wouldnt recommend drinking hard liquor when you dont drink often.

i like a lot of alcohol neat (without any water/ice/chaser) but i wont drink stuff like mikes hard lemonade or similar drinks because its way too sweet and sugary for me giving me a stomach ache, nasty tongue, or hurts my throat (its weird). the other week i had a moscow mule that had a weird ginger beer in it and it made me feel gross because it was too sweet.

red wine seems to work for me - never hurts to have a bottle around for dinner time and you dont have to swallow the whole thing.

edit: meant to say not drinking is okay too!!!
愛してるよ~!!!

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 02:46:09 pm »
Exceptions:
- I can do drugs during anime night (but not before or after)
Good, traditions must be upheld after all
no don't

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 05:28:35 am »
I
#StandWithRachel
About upholding her desire to not do drugs anytime but the weekend.

redheron

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 03:13:55 pm »
Yeah I'm seriously considering something like this as well. I'd like to be productive someday lol. Plus my throat fucking hurts

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 10:45:20 pm »
Yeah I'm seriously considering something like this as well. I'd like to be productive someday lol. Plus my throat fucking hurts

we can do it together

abstinence sisters

we stronk 2getha
*spork*

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 04:24:52 pm »
Hurd this wurd.
Power 2 the ppl.

I also am on abstinence from drinking during the weekdays. 4 weekdays sober bitches.
AKA. 4 cycles sober.
Here's the fukin math:

5 days in week.
2 days in weekend.
1 sober cycle = 5 days.
Minus any differentials of personal sobriety mechanisms (sober cycle - 0*sobriety mechanisms)

The weekend is when I start feelin' a little funny....lettin' loose....

hash tag
weektime abstencnece iz what's ^

2gether in solidarity with all u abstinencers
fuk the clones
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:28:04 pm by pstrawberrie »
i'm a twat

redheron

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 06:15:02 pm »
I'm on day 6 no smoke

sobb

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 12:58:11 pm »
yeah I only smoke on my "weekend" (monday & tuesday)

we're getting old and realizing being fucked up all the time isn't the best!!!
no don't