authoritarians post here

• 13 Replies
authoritarians post here
« on: December 29, 2020, 05:06:25 am »
The masses are too dumb, they need to be guided.  What is good for the society is good for the person, and visa versa!

Re: authoritarians post here
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 05:03:24 pm »
Are you still okay with an authoritarian government if you aren't the authority that is obeyed?

Ozmiander

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 05:13:36 pm »
all sub 6' males are now ordered to forced labor and sterilization. welcome to authoritarianism.

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 07:44:57 pm »
so if vegitarians eat veggies, then authoritarians eat authors?

sage
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 09:41:52 pm »
The masses are too dumb, they need to be guided.  What is good for the society is good for the person, and visa versa!

you're dumb
*spork*

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 11:35:57 am »
Are you still okay with an authoritarian government if you aren't the authority that is obeyed?

I'm not a government and i have no authority so yeah.

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 11:46:15 am »
you guys what is your favorite authoritarian text.  I like the book of lord shang because i had never considered that u should keep your merchants poor.
TLDR: keep your merchants poor and your farmers dumb, and punish both severly
https://ctext.org/shang-jun-shu

Ozmiander

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 11:50:31 am »
this is the most hardcore form of sexual masochism

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 11:54:28 am »
oh also i never saw a ruler explicitly say this, so that was pretty cool:

if in a country there are the following ten evils: rites, music, odes, history, virtue, moral culture, filial piety, brotherly duty, integrity and sophistry, the ruler cannot make the people fight and dismemberment is inevitable; and this brings extinction in its train. If the country has not these ten things and the ruler can make the people fight, he will be so prosperous that he will attain supremacy. A country where the virtuous govern the wicked, will suffer from disorder, so that it will be dismembered; but a country where the wicked govern the virtuous, will be orderly, so that it will become strong.

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 09:14:57 pm »
i can't disagree that assholes do bring order

the singularity of vision stabilizes things

but then things remain the same forever, and even the illusion of choice is eliminated, and so hope diminishes

the chaos of democracy is preferable, so as to maintain the sanity of the population
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 01:11:53 pm by here cums the fuck truck »
m'lady

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 12:16:55 pm »
Law aims at abolishing the selfish element in man and the maintenance of public order, making the people responsible for their actions

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 12:58:00 pm »
A benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government...
... the tricky part is finding a benevolent dictator.

ADDENDUM: since I've been saying the above, I've realized it's not enough to find **a** benevolent dictator, you must do it repeatedly -- succession is a huge unsolved problem of government.

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 01:13:04 pm »
A benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government...
... the tricky part is finding a benevolent dictator.

ADDENDUM: since I've been saying the above, I've realized it's not enough to find **a** benevolent dictator, you must do it repeatedly -- succession is a huge unsolved problem of government.

all the best communities - online and offline - i've been a part of, have been benevolent dictatorships

when you have "full participation" what happens is whoever is loudest or has the most time to waste, ends up making all the rules and ruining everything for everyone else

like a HOA or the DSA, both have good intentions and just go to shit
m'lady

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 10:11:57 pm »
I'm not sure dictatorship is directly related to authoritarian rulership.  You could be a dictator that makes no rules, or enforces them very rarely.  You could have a democracy that has strict rules for everything.