Recent Tips

Mozai

Re: All cops are bastards
« on: December 14, 2023, 07:25:22 am »
Attorney Sarah Schielke of the Life and Liberty Law Office [in Denver] has represented clients in several high-profile civil rights cases against police, including some that have settled for big figures.  Now, Schielke is giving credit for her success. A plaque on the attorney’s new office building thanks the Loveland Police Department, “whose incompetence paid for this building.”

RACHEL TIPPED 1337 CORAL FOR THIS POST

nepnep

Re: Upvotable Wiki Pages
« on: December 04, 2023, 05:14:14 am »
I'm sorry, but nobody else has really made any good pages since then. Not that I'm aware of, anyway.

Possible nominees who don't quite fit the bill are as follows:
The Business and Nature pages:
https://wiki.wetfish.net/business
- While you made it, it doesn't have quite enough content to be worth nominating
https://wiki.wetfish.net/nature
- I made it
Neptun's depression:
https://wiki.wetfish.net/neptun/depression
- I made it
- It's about a personal matter, which is something not every reader can relate to
Flash games, which now has games you can directly play on it:
https://wiki.wetfish.net/flash-games
- I made it
The AI thread, whose serious content could definitely be compressed into a good Wiki page:
https://wetfishonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=3807.new#new
- I made it
- It's not an actual wiki page yet

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 1 CORAL FOR THIS POST

rachel

Re: bash.org (wetfish edition)
« on: November 27, 2023, 12:06:30 am »
15:20 < qeeg[m]> Braddock (IRC): you misspelled your name, it's supposed to be spelled "Bardock"
15:23 < Anomaly> queeg
15:23 < qeeg[m]> fuck off ll
15:23 < qeeg[m]> *lol
15:23 < qeeg[m]> i was joking
15:24 < gpter> <qeeg[m]> Braddock (IRC): you misspelled your name, it's supposed to be spelled "Bardock"
15:24 < qeeg[m]> wtf
15:24 < qeeg[m]> kate (IRC): your bot's broken lol
15:24 < Braddock> lmao
15:24 < kate> define "broken"
15:24 < qeeg[m]> kate (IRC): it just quoted what i said for seemingly no reason lol
15:24 < kate> so?
15:24 < kate> i don't subscribe to your prescribed ideal of normal behavior
15:25 < kate> psychiatry is a scam
15:25 < kate> gpter is perfectly sane
15:25 < gpter> i'll kill myself later
15:25 < kate> :-)
15:25 < Braddock> a few of my friends just call me bardock instead
15:25 < Anomaly> lol

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 101 CORAL FOR THIS POST

tawd

Re: 1 year with qeeg
« on: December 07, 2023, 04:03:27 pm »
Do they even have an autistic super power?  Who brought them here? I thought someone who kicked them out of a community then  sent them here as a plight on ours intentionally as part of some sick and twisted joke.

They aren't the worst despicable vile creature to have ever walked the salt flats or something but they are extremely opinionated and matter -of- factly for someone who hasn't done/attempted to do anything. 

On one hand its nice having another member of the community around to pump the numbers and maybe drop a good shitpost here and there (have they? i don't know), on the other they don't seem to have anything of great substance or value to contribute from a life or technology point, they aren't really amusing or quick witted, nor do they seem to be bringing anything artistic or interesting to the table for brain food.    They're passionate about political discourse but theres a whole youtube comments section to reee into the void about.

From some kind of bleeding heart sympathy love for my fellow person thing it sucks to outcast people and leave them lonely sort of thing yeah part of me says don't ban them.

The other part of me says the place will have and has had many cases of -maybe it will get better- -maybe  it can be fixed- sorta people and it never really seems to go that well The only difference being qeeg isn't currently  anything to consider -dangerous- in my brief not really thorough assessment.

I sort of look at communities as what folks would contribute in a post apocalypse/zombie out break scenario based on their skills/attitude/proven record of anythings in life or friendships and qeeg just strikes me as the kind of person who fucks everyone over conspiring with the enemy then gets tangled up in barbed wire running away through the woods and gets eaten by zombies anyway.

I am not the most likable person nor do I have the most vital of things to always contribute to anything, I do however know to shut the fuck up -when the adults are talking- and when is most certainly not the time and place.

Hes kind of like Eugene from the walking dead except even suckier and less skilled and probably wouldn't deliver after a ton of betrayal or something.

I don't want to seem cruel and callous I just don't know how the community is going to get more members that want to stick around that have desirable traits when the place often seems like a mix of active adults doing adult things who are tech oriented, a few super nerds doing things for companies we wont out them over with really big brains able to do really cool stuff, some people struggling but maintaining and just fun to interact with, and then entirely unhinged fixer-uppers.

I get the whole keeping unhinged fixer-uppers who show promise and aptitude.  They remind people to keep a fire lit under their asses and continue to do the needful, the people who aren't sucking remind the people who are sucking that they can keep trying and pushing to do the needful and getting better at doing the needful. And I really hate to even make some sort of caste/class system/hierarchy anything on wetfish. That itself seems pretty silly/not the spirit of things/stupid. 

Maybe some day qeeg won't suck but as it stands I don't see them being the highlight of anyones anything that isn't looking for easy troll-bait and they seem to annoy people way more than anyone enjoys them. I don't see an engagement with qeeg making anyone I know think "wow I'd better go back to that place/bookmark that network/website"

Is there some really cool technical programming side of them that people enjoy I'm unaware of I'm sure they use linux or something?   

To try to surmise /TLDR I would ask "To what benefit of the community is keeping qeeg"

RACHEL TIPPED 1000 CORAL FOR THIS POST

here cums the fuck truck

Re: water appreciation thread
« on: December 06, 2023, 06:40:56 am »
oops we got rid of all the water in california for farmland and now there's no more rain

boy golly who could have seen that coming

i just realized - because plants are mostly water, and they ship crops out: when they farm with limited water, they're literally trucking out their water supply, piece by piece. and locking it up in long term carbon growth (like almond trees).

also i came back to this thread - years later! bc a discord friend asked about low flow hydroelectrics and i knew there was resources here, that i could pass on. thanks wetfish. Thetfish.

RACHEL TIPPED FOR THIS POST

rachel

Re: AI-Assisted Memes
« on: November 27, 2023, 11:41:02 pm »

NEPNEP TIPPED 300 CORAL FOR THIS POST

rachel

Wetfish LAND Party v2
« on: October 16, 2023, 09:48:23 pm »
It's been a couple years and I think it's time to start a new thread to talk about Wetfish's land management projects. The old threads are filled with random updates without much structure. So in this thread I'm going to break things down in a more structured way and show lots of before and after pictures!

I've gotta go to bed soon, so I'll continue updating this thread tomorrow. In the mean time you can read more about our nature conservation pages on the wiki: https://wiki.wetfish.net/nature

FIREFLY TIPPED 27 CORAL FOR THIS POST

Mozai

« on: November 16, 2023, 08:36:46 pm »

RACHEL TIPPED 101 CORAL FOR THIS POST

Mozai

« on: October 20, 2023, 07:33:39 pm »

DIABOLIZER TIPPED 1000 CORAL FOR THIS POST

Mozai

Re: programming memes
« on: October 13, 2023, 11:32:41 am »
It's Agile methods, man -- ship the minimum viable product, then iterate.

Mozai

Re: post your pronouns
« on: October 12, 2023, 07:53:18 pm »
Writing prompt: A young fey creature just tricked you into giving them your name. They are now writhing on the ground in agony begging you to take it back. You have no idea what’s going on.

“Please!” The almost human form spat at you while struggling for breath. It’s once pale and soft skin starting to bruise and cut from invisible sources as it’s limbs bend into shapes that cannot be if the structure of its body is made of bone.

“No,” you reply a soft smirk growing wider on your face as you look upon the suffering of this once merciless thing.

“Do you know how long I’ve waited? How long I have searched these woods for something like you? Feigning innocence and confusion until one of you came to help the lost traveler?”

You bend down near to the creature but still out of reach. You have read that the fae would gladly put on a theatrical display to lure you in closer, just within reach to take your face as well as the name you once had.

The now wheezing thing no longer resembles anything that could be described as human. More and more of it’s black as night blood oozing from the now gaping wounds this mound of flesh cries from. With no mouth it’s hard to cry from anywhere else.

“I know what you are, and what you’ve done. 36 people over 10 years. Very bold in my experience. ‘how naive?’ I thought. This one must be new. Without a court to teach them the moderation it takes to not draw the eyes of a wizard who may use them as they sought to use the wizard.”

The writhing had stopped. The only sounds from the thing in front of you are the short shallow gasps of a death approaching. It manages to choke one last thing out. It’s final question.

“…how..?”

“It’s called a ‘deadname’ for a reason.”

Mozai

Re: Dad jokes
« on: September 15, 2023, 08:36:45 am »
If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?

What disease did cured ham have?

Why do we say "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every ninety minutes?

Why do alarm clocks make noise when we say they go off?

Shouldn't it be "SOME things in moderation" instead of "All things..." ?

Why do we yell "heads up!" when we want people to duck?

Why is it so hard to remember how to spell "mnemonic" ?

We call it quicksand but it sucks you down so slowly...

Why are all the outdoors things looked after by the Department Of The Interior ?

We call them marbles but they're made out of glass.

When French people are about to swear, do they first say "parodonez-moi mon Anglais" ?

What does a bald man have as their hair colour on a driver's license?

How do you throw away a garbage can?

You carry suits in a garment case; you carry garments in a suitcase.

When two aeroplanes almost collide and miss each other, we call it a "near miss" not "nearly a hit".

How can something be both "new" and "improved" ?

How did the "Keep Off The Grass" sign get on the grass?

ceph

Re: Old Internet
« on: October 08, 2023, 10:48:32 am »
He made another one recently

meleeman

Re: What do you get out of Wetfish?
« on: September 11, 2023, 09:43:08 pm »
the only community that hasn't banned me yet. memes are great, love anime night with mozai, new drugs experiences.

Mozai

Re: Monstergirls
« on: September 15, 2023, 06:19:44 am »
Slam in the back of my Dragula