Fighting depression. what works for you?

• 1 Replies
Fighting depression. what works for you?
« on: April 08, 2018, 11:20:28 am »
a couple of things that work for me.

hot tub and a book.
a prepared meal. it doesn't have to be great but i need to purposefully take care of myself.
shower, shave and get dressed.
Micro goal and celebrate EVERYTHING. im trying to reprogram my brain.

and keeping in mind its a chemical fuck up in my brain that's making me this way. and life is actually pretty great right now.
My relationship with my wife is the best its been in almost a decade. and my girlfriend is the shit.

^^^ finding my positives and giving them my attention.
IM NAKED

Re: Fighting depression. what works for you?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 05:07:48 am »
I take a vitamin B supplement called Enlyte.  I used to sleep 11 or so hours a night on average.  That has stopped since Enlyte.  I also do therapy and a couple other meds.  Additionally, I meditate and do some other things that more rational people might deride as "spiritual".  I'm trying to integrate exercise and yoga as well. 

I still have a lot of anger and anxiety, as well as ineffective coping mechanisms, but I'm generally liked by people, so I have that going for me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The username I really wanted was Wetfish Forum Comment Commentator
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 11:11:47 pm by Diabolizer »
aka luke