sf tech worker surveillance project

• 6 Replies
sf tech worker surveillance project
« on: December 30, 2020, 03:24:00 pm »
this idea is a synthesis of many things.  I generally watch a lot of 1st amendment audit videos. I recently watched surveillance camera man for the first time, and i was reading the nextdoor privacy policy.

How about, we buy some cameras, buy some harddrives, and take a vacation in sf.  We will walk around recording everything, and when people ask why we're recording them, we'll tell them we just like to record, run it through a computer to do facial recognition, geolocation and time tag it, cross reference and aggregate it with social network information, and then sell it to anyone who wants to buy it.

even if we don't actually do all that, i just want to piss off at least 1 of these fuckos whose privacy policy is 'we will store all your data forever, aggregate it with everything, and sell it to everyone'

Re: sf tech worker surveillance project
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 05:25:39 pm »
nice
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 05:47:44 pm »
Tangentially related - There are private companies launching small cubesats into orbit around earth to generate live radar maps of the entire planet available for anyone who wants to pay for it with a refresh rate of only a couple hours.

*spork*

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 07:25:59 pm »
this idea is a synthesis of many things.  I generally watch a lot of 1st amendment audit videos. I recently watched surveillance camera man for the first time, and i was reading the nextdoor privacy policy.

How about, we buy some cameras, buy some harddrives, and take a vacation in sf.  We will walk around recording everything, and when people ask why we're recording them, we'll tell them we just like to record, run it through a computer to do facial recognition, geolocation and time tag it, cross reference and aggregate it with social network information, and then sell it to anyone who wants to buy it.

even if we don't actually do all that, i just want to piss off at least 1 of these fuckos whose privacy policy is 'we will store all your data forever, aggregate it with everything, and sell it to everyone'

A+ idea, I support it
no don't

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 05:52:47 pm »
bump.

this is really interesting.
use Foon™

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2023, 06:58:42 am »

i support this

also i was trying to figure out if this would be legal - california is a "all parties consent" state for voice recording - but there's an exception for when there is no expectation of privacy (in public)

so you could totally do that
m'lady

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2023, 06:59:29 am »
everyone *hates* paparrazi but essentially all they're doing is compiling publically available information - where celebrities are.
m'lady