Do you support free speech?

• 6 Replies
Do you support free speech?
« on: April 25, 2018, 05:57:17 am »
This isn't an alt-right dogwhistle, I'm being serious. Do you think freedom of speech is important for society?

Post why or why not.
*spork*

h

Re: Do you support free speech?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 08:52:06 am »
Yes, I support free speech, however this kind of feels like a loaded question, and I believe there will be some who vote for "yes" in this poll but retract and call "hate speech" when presented with certain offensive ideas/discourse. Denying the right to free speech doesn't just consist of outright saying that free speech should not be allowed. It also includes narrowing down the scope of free speech to "safe, allowable ideas", and labeling nonconforming ideas as hate speech.

Also on that note, it's quite disturbing that you had to clear yourself of any "alt-right wrongdoing" when you were simply talking about free speech.
dudeweed😂

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 06:55:18 am »
Only for myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The username I really wanted was Wetfish Forum Comment Commentator
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
aka luke

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:12:59 pm »
This isn't an alt-right dogwhistle, I'm being serious. Do you think freedom of speech is important for society?

Post why or why not.
so long as its not spouting hate for hates sake, yeah its legit fucking important.
IM NAKED

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 11:03:10 pm »
On a serious note, it makes me want to go down the rabbit hole of psycho-anthropology and examine the proverbial roots of interdicted speech.

The username I really wanted was Wetfish Forum Comment Commentator
aka luke

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »
i support open speech to the limit of anti-social speech
m'lady

redheron

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 05:22:20 pm »
yeah I believe in free speech, I also believe it goes both ways, where X has the freedom to be a dick, and Y has the freedom to tell X that X is being a dick, and nobody has to go to jail over it.