How affected are you by advertisements?

• 3 Replies
How affected are you by advertisements?
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:19:34 pm »
Facebook seems to have figured out what kind of ads I like. For example, career stuff and MS degrees in electrical engineering. All of that is pretty nice and I do click on them. However, they're not relevant in the sense that the career stuff is usually something I wouldn't qualify for for some reason (such as being a FBI agent), and I don't think it's wise for me to get loans to get a MS degree in electrical engineering.

Re: How affected are you by advertisements?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 04:24:02 am »
Facebook seems convinced that I have erectile dysfunction.  I suppose I should send them a dick pic to prove otherwise.

I also get a lot of ads for online therapy (with a bearded hipster dude).  I kind of feel like one would feel if your drug dealer told you you had a problem.
aka luke

gris

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 01:09:03 pm »
I get so many ads for ED medications and bullshit between facebook and instagram that sometimes I think maybe I should just start stocking up now every time I have some extra coffee money or something sitting around.

I mean i thought my penile rigidity was fine, but now I'm starting to wonder. 

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 12:26:51 am »
I get so many ads for ED medications and bullshit between facebook and instagram that sometimes I think maybe I should just start stocking up now every time I have some extra coffee money or something sitting around.

I mean i thought my penile rigidity was fine, but now I'm starting to wonder.

Maybe facebook thinks we're getting laid so much that we just can't get it up anymore.
aka luke