I have 12 years sober/clean. AMA

• 10 Replies
I have 12 years sober/clean. AMA
« on: November 13, 2018, 12:04:35 pm »
It's the one time of year I get to brag about it, I mean talk about it.
aka luke

Re: I have 12 years sober/clean. AMA
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 12:26:29 pm »
12 years sober on what?
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:34:00 pm »
12 years sober on what?

Off drugs and alcohol.
aka luke

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 10:17:49 pm »
12 years sober on what?

Off drugs and alcohol.

Nicotine? Weed? Caffeine? Everything?
*spork*

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 10:20:13 pm »
12 years sober on what?

Off drugs and alcohol.

Weed for sure.  Any of the fun drugs.
aka luke

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 10:24:11 pm »
12 years sober on what?

Off drugs and alcohol.

Congratulations. What made you quit?
*spork*

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 11:23:52 pm »
12 years sober on what?

Off drugs and alcohol.

Congratulations. What made you quit?

Well, we'll start with getting mugged at knifepoint in Paris while wasted (still have some scars) and continue on through some pretty awful drug experiences (seeing robotic demons on shrooms).  Throw in some lame experiences on extacy where my SSRIs blocked the receptor where I was like, "what am I doing?"  Also, I got so high that I thought I invented my roommate Tyler Durden style and then I thought maybe he invented me instead.  Then there was the dozens of times I blacked out and did stupid and/or horrible shit.  So then I try to stop all that so I can do a little coke.  But even though I've "given up drinking for six months" I go on a 3 day bender which culminates with me taking a sugar cube which causes me to trip four at least 40 hours.  The trip went bad after about 2 hours.  It was a compelling argument to quit drugs then and forever. 
aka luke

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 11:34:08 pm »
I go on a 3 day bender which culminates with me taking a sugar cube which causes me to trip four at least 40 hours.  The trip went bad after about 2 hours.  It was a compelling argument to quit drugs then and forever.

Yikes dude. I've almost been there. Not quite that bad though. I had no idea tbh. You're a cool dude and you don't need to do drugs to be my friend :)
*spork*

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 12:24:36 am »
I go on a 3 day bender which culminates with me taking a sugar cube which causes me to trip four at least 40 hours.  The trip went bad after about 2 hours.  It was a compelling argument to quit drugs then and forever.

Yikes dude. I've almost been there. Not quite that bad though. I had no idea tbh. You're a cool dude and you don't need to do drugs to be my friend :)

Well thank you kindly.  Just don't be like, "Oh I'm going to this awesome orgy, but it's drug fueled so Diabolizer might be uncomfortable.  I better not invite him."  The number one strategy to dealing with the urge to use is to be helpful to someone else.  Under those circumstances, I'm sure I can find some way to be useful.
aka luke

gris

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 12:39:59 am »
don't worry, i'll make sure you get an invite.

DIABOLIZER TIPPED 95 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 03:48:09 am »
don't worry, i'll make sure you get an invite.

Also, if drugs make it into my body without my knowledge, it is considered a "freelapse".
aka luke