A Selection Of Ark Screenshots

• 74 Replies

redheron

Re: A Selection Of Ark Screenshots
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2017, 09:55:55 am »
This game looks amazing. Is it always like this or is it heavily modded? I want to breed rodents and dress them up and fly around on pink birds.
Actually our server is 100% vanilla PVE, no mods and only slightly increased rates (ranging from x2 gathering to x5 maturation rates)

I personally like ark a lot (: some salty redditors disagree with my opinion, YMMV

its still pretty buggy tho lmao, they're still adding new shit regularly so its not very optimized either, I generally play on low memory mode but if your computer is nice you can get it looking really pretty.

- How much time do I have to spend doing housekeeping and menial bullshit (e.g. gathering resources) before I get to do fun stuff like breed rodents and make friends with birds?
- Is it possible to open a bird and rodent store and sell them to other players?
- On official it takes a WHILE before you get there, but on our server you can get to that level with a bit of dedication and mindful exp gaining. Some tips I have include:
a. Crafting lots of storage boxes/large storage boxes as soon as you can
b. Making large quantities of narcotics all the time. Seriously they're like 10 exp each
c. Crafting crafting crafting, build a house, build a big ol wall around it, get good farming dinos so you can get more mats for crafting
d. Finding explorers notes doubles your exp for like 500 seconds, and if you get it while mounted both you and your mount get the exp boost

I'm telling you now though, Ark is a timesink game. Tames take real life hours, especially on official servers, I already have 2k hours sunk into this game.

- Yes actually I already started selling fancy jerboas to other tribes on my server, most people I've seen use metal ingots as currency, one of my bloodline jerbs goes for 200 ingots per and my tribemate sells dragon eggs + milk for raising it for like 1.5k ingots per dragon baby. There's not an ingame interface for it or anything but people still do it everywhere lol

redheron

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2017, 09:59:48 am »
It's on sale right now. http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/

Should I get Survival Evolved or do I need the Survivor's Pack to have fun and be cool?
I personally like Scorched Earth a lot (all the deserty screenshots are from SE) but you'll die a lot more there

I mean you'll die a lot at low levels anyway lol but Scorched Earth is a desert so you'll get thirsty really fast and also repeatedly eaten by dire wolves/sabercats/terror birds, I hear it can be frustrating for shiny new players.

But also its on sale so there's that lol

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2017, 10:16:45 am »
Hnnngg it sounds amazing but I don't have that much time to sink into games right now. I have about 3-5 hours per week for gaming. Is there a server for people like me with ridiculous xp rates?

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2017, 10:20:18 am »
I bought it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:41:54 am by browser »

redheron

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2017, 11:24:53 am »
Hnnngg it sounds amazing but I don't have that much time to sink into games right now. I have about 3-5 hours per week for gaming. Is there a server for people like me with ridiculous xp rates?
there are probably a lot, you'll want to look for high exp rates and offline raid protection enabled if you're gonna play on pvp, however pve is generally pretty relaxed and you don't have to worry about raids, just feeding your dinos

redheron

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2017, 11:25:08 am »

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2017, 01:19:49 pm »
Can I play on your server?

redheron

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2017, 03:44:02 pm »
Depends, how chill are you?

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2017, 05:17:39 pm »
Depends, how chill are you?

I keep to myself and I don't fuck with other people's stuff, if that's what you're asking.

Most likely I would just run around and get lost and ask noob questions.

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2017, 07:11:03 pm »
I finally played some Ark.

Here's a cool bird-house that I found:

I accidentally got into a fist fight with a dinosaur. I was killed shortly after this photo was taken:

Again, moments before my death:

« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2017, 10:23:21 pm »

how do I look
no don't

« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2017, 10:57:51 pm »
*spork*

redheron

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2017, 02:19:30 pm »
Made some new signs: