Wetfish Drone General #1

• 63 Replies
Re: Wetfish Drone General #1
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2020, 08:23:44 pm »
REMINDER!

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/12/31/2019-28100/remote-identification-of-unmanned-aircraft-systems

if you want the RC hobby as a whole to not die due to corporate lobbying and regulations. It is the time to voice your opinions.

Santa's coming to town
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 01:18:43 pm »
*spork*

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 09:28:02 pm »
This guy makes a functional drone... out of legos

*spork*

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2020, 03:18:24 am »
we are gonna have to do a drone survey of that property in the mountains to see where we how long we can build our house

good thing saxton has a drone with a camera on it that he got for christmas like 2 years ago
*spork*

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 05:47:02 pm »
The drone battery is charging
*spork*

M-C

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2020, 02:06:28 am »

KAMALOV TIPPED 1 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:28:24 pm by M-C »

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2020, 06:15:14 am »
Daily reminder its only a drone if it has some kind of autonomous flight capability otherwise its just a quadrocopter

the authorities dont understand this either

Usually its quadcopter but proper term is multirotor refering to an aircraft with two or more rotors example: bicopter, tricopter, quadcopter, hexacopter

stuff such as DJI multirotors can be considered Drones since they have some mission planning and obstacle avoidance.

but the FAA considers any radio controlled flying objects drones.

but the hobbies racing drones dont offer much in autonomous flight (some use gps but thats only if they go too far ahead to do a RTH function or send coordinates to your radio if you crashed).

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2020, 09:07:44 am »
Daily reminder its only a drone if it has some kind of autonomous flight capability otherwise its just a quadrocopter

can you please explain the difference between a robot, a drone, and a complex machine? thanks
m'lady

Ozmiander

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 07:21:12 pm »
even my cheapo quad can do RTH, so it's a drone.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2020, 07:17:34 am »
Can someone help me find a good DIY drone build that will be ideal in stealing Amazon drone packages?
Asking for a friend.

Thank you.

/s

Actually, what about this drone for photo stuff too, Aryanne.
https://www.powervision.me/en/product/poweregg

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2020, 08:26:01 am »
Can someone help me find a good DIY drone build that will be ideal in stealing Amazon drone packages?
Asking for a friend.

Thank you.

/s

Actually, what about this drone for photo stuff too, Aryanne.
https://www.powervision.me/en/product/poweregg

Problem with that is the controller it uses, not using a traditional radio control limits a lot of movement and it is very reliable. which is why a lot of AP platforms always recommend you use a normal style radio with two joy sticks to allow more control of movement.

though looks like this drone could use a trad radio, though I dont know much about it. As I am not as well versed in AP drones.

M-C

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2020, 04:42:15 am »
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:27:56 pm by M-C »

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2020, 12:11:45 pm »

can you please explain the difference between a robot, a drone, and a complex machine? thanks

I was just being a dick. But really its the autonomous flight capability which makes a 'drone'. You could argue something as simple as station holding qualifies as well. I guess in reality it means most multirotors could be classed as drones, since even cheap flight controllers are generally getting smarter.

It just annoys me because 'drone' is obviously a scare word that exists in the discourse as an aftereffect of the killbot drone war in afghanistan from the last decade, and authorities are riding that same negative connotation now to get laws and rules passed styming the hobby, when the real objective is to make sure the 500ft or so flight deck remains clear for Amazon if they ever to their drone delivery thing.

i dont even fly multi rotors, i have a 300 size 4channel helicopter from banggood that id like to fly again when this virus bullshit is over, but this still affects me.

its something that amuses me because many nerds are very stubborn about certain things being "robots" and other things being "not robots", but none of them have ever been able to clearly define the difference for me. So, that's the difference I was interested in.

Technically, a dishwasher is a robot! Just kidding, she's a woman and she has rights.
m'lady

M-C

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2020, 03:46:10 pm »
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:27:45 pm by M-C »

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2020, 10:21:11 pm »
found this video of a flying brick

*spork*