windows 10 is dumb

• 7 Replies
windows 10 is dumb
« on: January 20, 2017, 12:29:31 am »
ya I said it

I have a surface pro and I upgraded it to windows 10. Now it has this great feature where the "autorotate" setting is greyed out if your keyboard is attached. You can't turn it off when the keyboard is attached because it locks the screen in landscape. But when the keyboard shuts off when you close the lid... disabling the autorotate protection. So if you're walking around with your tablet or you move into the other room the screen will be rotating around making everything lag and glitch out. But then if you open the keyboard and go into the autorotate settings... you can't change it... because it's greyed out and locked when the keyboard is attached...

So you have to go to the menu, take your keyboard off, click the lock rotation button, then put your keyboard back on

lmao
*spork*

redheron

Re: windows 10 is dumb
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:05:23 am »
agree, I have windows 10, and I kind of hate it

like I like how I can open the start menu and just start typing to do a search but that's like

the only good thing

and they don't even tell you about it do they? sigh

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 09:10:13 am »
sry gurlbs

im lovin that win10 on my main comp =/
i'm a twat

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 12:15:18 pm »
like I like how I can open the start menu and just start typing to do a search but that's like

the only good thing

to be fair that's been around since windows 7
*spork*

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 12:18:39 am »
Is that really the dumbest thing about it though?
aka luke

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 11:17:06 am »

the search doesn't even work right, it only searches the beginning of filenames/executables. So if I know I have "titties" somewhere in the filename, that doesn't help - I have to remember that it starts with "nicest". It doesn't even help if i recall that it ends in "ive ever seen"

as a forgetful person this matters a *lot* to me. In some versions of windows, or maybe this was just an xplorer2 feature, you could add notes into the comment field of a file and that was searchable.
m'lady

h

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 11:41:06 am »

the search doesn't even work right, it only searches the beginning of filenames/executables. So if I know I have "titties" somewhere in the filename, that doesn't help - I have to remember that it starts with "nicest". It doesn't even help if i recall that it ends in "ive ever seen"

as a forgetful person this matters a *lot* to me. In some versions of windows, or maybe this was just an xplorer2 feature, you could add notes into the comment field of a file and that was searchable.
https://www.voidtools.com/

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 1337 CORAL FOR THIS POST

dudeweed😂

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 10:29:01 pm »
thank you H
m'lady