Wetfish LAND Party

• 118 Replies
Wetfish LAND Party
« on: July 24, 2020, 10:03:25 pm »
It's like a LAN party, with more ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

That's right. Wetfish is buying land in the mountains to build an underground house, greenhouses, and do some agroforestry. The mission is to create an open source, self-sufficient society.

Saxton and I have been saving money together to buy land since we got married. Over the past few months we started looking at some properties in the mountains about 15 minutes from where we live now. We can go outside and see the mountains where these properties are, it's pretty dope. We have enough saved up for an 8 acre property but about a month ago a 45 acre property in the same neighborhood was listed for sale.

I've already gotten quotes from local well drilling and septic companies and talked to the county about the zoning and building requirements. It's all open zoning which means we can basically do whatever we want so long as a licensed contractor signs off on the building permits.

It has a stream, trees, and line of sight to basically the whole town. Wetfish could maintain the infrastructure for a local meshnet.

*spork*

Re: Wetfish LAND Party
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 10:06:36 pm »
Woah thats a ton of land, super pretty

tae

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 10:15:18 pm »
Woah thats a ton of land, super pretty

agreed! beautiful
hhhhhhhhhh

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 10:16:42 pm »
damn rachel, i didn't know you were going to start a hippie commune there, i mean now i kinda regret buying land in new mexico but hey, if you need help building or what not, i'm definetely down to help, just gimme weed and pizza and i'll be good. XD

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 10:41:01 pm »
If you know me you'll know I hate asking for money and I hate ads. But here we go...

Saxton and I have spent the past 3 months fixing up our current house: restaining the deck, fixing a hole in the garage, fixing our plumbing. We got our house appraised and  refinanced our mortgage in order to get additional cash to buy the land.

Right now we have 70% of the cash on hand, but not enough to make an offer.

Since we have more than 50% down, we could potentially get a land loan. But the interest rates on land loans are never very good compared to a mortgage. Lenders hate undeveloped land. Even if we could find a lender with decent rates, the whole process of getting the loan is going to take a couple more months.

That's why we're coming to Wetfish to ask if anyone in the community shares our vision of building an awesome hacker society of underground mole people.

We are looking for investors to help us secure this property. By becoming an investor now you will have guaranteed access to Wetfish infrastructure for life. After the greenhouses are operational, food rations will be available for yourself and your immediate family for life as well.

Anyone who is willing to help put some money down on the land is encouraged to contact rachel on IRC.
*spork*

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 11:30:06 pm »
FAQs from investors:

Q: How much are you looking for?
A: If we can get a few people to pitch in $5,000 each we'd have enough to make an offer. If a few people pitch in $10,000 we'd have enough to buy it outright for the list price

Q: What's the timeframe?
A: We'd like to make an offer before the end of August

Q: Can I go sledding / snowboarding down the mountain in winter?
A: Yes
*spork*

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 01:02:00 am »
I really wish I could give you that money.  I've been writing wiki articles cause I know that gets you (teansy amounts) of cash.  Right now all I have is coral :(
aka luke

woodneko

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 09:34:23 pm »
I would also love to give if I had the moneys, ask me again in 5 years, lol. Between cooleg and everything else going on I don't have a lot to spare.

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2020, 09:46:51 pm »
I would also love to give if I had the moneys, ask me again in 5 years, lol. Between cooleg and everything else going on I don't have a lot to spare.

No worries! This investment opportunity is mostly aimed at members of the community who already have successful careers in the tech industry. If you're struggling to make ends meet the last thing I'd want is for you to send me money. You should be paying for rent and groceries and shit

Hopefully in 5 years you'll be asking for money to help buy your own land to build self sufficient greenhouses and mushroom farms instead :)
*spork*

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2020, 11:48:19 am »
what is wetfish infrastructure

woodneko

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2020, 12:39:47 pm »
Hopefully in 5 years you'll be asking for money to help buy your own land to build self sufficient greenhouses and mushroom farms instead :)

That would be pretty spicy. I see it happening for sure, assuming I don't die in a car accident before then.

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2020, 12:48:58 pm »

im curious as well
m'lady

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 01:52:38 pm »

im curious as well

The underground bunker and greenhouses
*spork*

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2020, 06:24:58 pm »
sell regenerative or permaculture ag consulting services to raise funds. most profitable scam in ag since anhydrous was introduced as a fertilizer

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2020, 11:01:29 pm »
check out these cool pics of the land

we went there over the weekend

*spork*