Wetfish is toxic

• 44 Replies
Re: Wetfish is toxic
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2020, 07:01:56 pm »
i used to think wetfish was toxic but now i jsut think i was in a really dark place back then. anyway i've met some great people thru wetfish. and it reminds me to be humble. there's a lot of smart people here. i say a lot of dumb shit and people gracefully let it slide. its nice.

also there's a bias bc i'm at my most Online when i'm really fucking depressed so you guys often see the worst of me. sorry about that.
m'lady

Yam

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2020, 07:18:29 pm »
i used to think wetfish was toxic but now i jsut think i was in a really dark place back then. anyway i've met some great people thru wetfish. and it reminds me to be humble. there's a lot of smart people here. i say a lot of dumb shit and people gracefully let it slide. its nice.

also there's a bias bc i'm at my most Online when i'm really fucking depressed so you guys often see the worst of me. sorry about that.
I mean most of the people who complained it's toxic either left or went to #freefish and now it's not toxic and everyone's friendly.

Rules are good!!

also: clippy was an idiot
characters

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 07:35:53 pm »
I like clippy and I miss him, he was the inspiration for this video

*spork*

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2020, 04:43:03 pm »
12:33 < kate> rachel, hi
12:33 <+rachel> so do you joke about reparations with your friends IRL
12:33 <+rachel> do you make jew jokes with your friends IRL
12:33 < kate> yes, we make "off-tone" remarks amongst ourselves frequently
12:33 <+rachel> cool so you're just used to being casually racist with your friends
12:34 < kate> it's a joke
12:34 < kate> it's comedy
12:34 < kate> I don't believe jews should be killed
12:34 < kate> my friends don't believe jews should be killed
12:34 < kate> and no one takes my words as "kate believes jews should be killed"
12:34 < kate> kill no one
12:35 < kate> is there a list of acceptable comedy?
12:35 < kate> or are we only allowed to be sterile
12:35 <+rachel> the fact that you think it's funny to joke about killing jews is unsettling
12:36 < kate> why is that
12:36 < kate> why should anything be off bounds
12:37 <+rachel> because racist jokes are a filter that hate groups use to find people to recruit
12:37 < kate> oh come on
12:37 < kate> do you actually believe that?
12:37 < kate> am I part of a hate group?
12:37 < kate> I'm a fucking liberal
12:38 < kitlero[m]> Violence and harm require intent.
12:38 < kate> I don't hate white people, I don't hate asian people, I don't hate middle eastern people, I don't hate black people, I don't hate hispanic people
12:38 < kate> I don't hate gay people, I don't hate straight people, I don't hate trans people, I don't hate cis people
12:39 < kate> did I really need to state those
12:39 <+rachel> no I believe that by normalizing that behavior in #wetfish you are creating an environment where real racists would feel at home to push the envelope even further
12:39 <+rachel> like ras
12:39 < kate> we banned ras
12:39 <+rachel> we did, but only after he pissed everyone else off
12:39 < kate> and we'll ban any real racists that pop up
12:40 < kate> rachel, sacrificing liberty for security

I remember this conversation, one of my first wetfish experiences.  Ahh memories.  Or maybe I just remember it from reading it here. 
aka luke

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2020, 02:08:37 pm »
i only joke about having gay sex, everyone knows im straight
m'lady

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2020, 08:04:15 am »
The absence of dicks in my mouth is no joke, friends. ... tho it's a voluntary thing.
[spoiler]Oral sex when you got bleeding gums is a 15-yard penalty.[/spoiler]

Toxic is relative: if you smell piss in the bathroom, that's annoying but not threatening, but if you smell piss in the kitchen, that's a problem.

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2020, 01:19:32 pm »
Toxic is relative: if you smell piss in the bathroom, that's annoying but not threatening, but if you smell piss in the kitchen, that's a problem.
I think you are too relaxed about piss smell in the bathroom. Occasional poop smell is unavoidable, but piss smell is entirely preventable.

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2020, 06:33:01 am »
I think you are too relaxed about piss smell in the bathroom.

A biochemist said to me "Poison is the dose, not the substance."  But what's the threshold for toxicity?  That's different for each subject.  One person likes whole anchovies on pizza slices; another would say "no, never," but they like using Worcestershire sauce on hamburgers.

It's a weird thing to talk about.  Two people arguing about where the threshold is for toxic would see the other as unreasoning.  "This isn't enough to be toxic, you're being neurotic!" says one.  "This is unacceptable, you're being dangerously careless!" says the other.  How do these people in conflict find a common ground they can share?  That supposes they want to share a space; they could just part ways... tho as more internet social media gets combined into giant super-territories like Twitter, they'll get into fights over who gets to stay in the valuable real-estate when they part ways.  Ugh.

DIABOLIZER TIPPED 100 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2020, 08:54:37 am »

A biochemist said to me "Poison is the dose, not the substance."  But what's the threshold for toxicity?  That's different for each subject.  One person likes whole anchovies on pizza slices; another would say "no, never," but they like using Worcestershire sauce on hamburgers.

It's a weird thing to talk about.  Two people arguing about where the threshold is for toxic would see the other as unreasoning.  "This isn't enough to be toxic, you're being neurotic!" says one.  "This is unacceptable, you're being dangerously careless!" says the other.  How do these people in conflict find a common ground they can share?  That supposes they want to share a space; they could just part ways... tho as more internet social media gets combined into giant super-territories like Twitter, they'll get into fights over who gets to stay in the valuable real-estate when they part ways.  Ugh.

This thread is getting dangerously away from shitpost territory as it is.
aka luke

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2020, 10:53:55 am »

shut up, meg
m'lady

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2020, 11:15:19 am »
Right right, gotta return to being Toxic

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2020, 12:06:17 pm »

shut up, meg

Ok boomer.
aka luke

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2020, 11:40:16 pm »

No, no, no, this is all wrong. You put the worcestershire sauce in the burger. Mix it into the meat before you patty it up and cook it.

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2020, 04:18:10 pm »
I almost cried ngl

16:30 <necromancer011> hey rachel.  you are pretty awesome.  i really appreciate what you do with wetfish on a very personal and sincere level.
16:30 <necromancer011> thank you.  if you ever need anything dont be hesitant to ask
16:38 <rachel> hiya
16:38 <rachel> I'm glad you're here
16:38 <rachel> :)
16:39 <rachel> what do you appreciate about wetfish?
17:13 <necromancer011> hey
17:13 <necromancer011> its a very positive environment in a very tough world
17:13 <necromancer011> i was just playing Qwan in smash 64 lol
17:13 <necromancer011> you should join sometime
17:13 <rachel> hahaha that's awesome
17:14 <necromancer011> yaaa
17:14 <rachel> I'm glad y'all are playing games together
17:14 <necromancer011> thank you yea me 2
17:16 <rachel> well, thank you
17:16 <rachel> that is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me about wetfish
17:16 <rachel> it means a lot
17:16 <necromancer011> :)
*spork*

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2020, 05:10:05 pm »
ive been too hard on rachel, really is amazing how she made her own internet. on the internet. and keeps putting energy and love into it.

RACHEL TIPPED FOR THIS POST

m'lady