U can play MODDED MINECRAFT with really cool people

• 14 Replies
U can play MODDED MINECRAFT with really cool people
« on: October 03, 2020, 01:43:03 am »
Did u know theres a minecraft server being played on by cool wetfish people? Like Kate and Qwan and Rachel? I'm here,, Luke might even play. Rachel is even playing on a surface that has 8gb of ram.  You don't even need a super cool gaming rig for yolo420noscope144hzheadshots? It's true.  I wouldn't lie.   Theres a MUMBLE channel so you can stay away from the evil all seeing eye of Sauron(china) and not use the voip/chat app that won't be mentioned by name

Stay tuned for cool screenshots and potentially inside jokes and shitty self referential memes for things you weren't there for, because you didn't come play minecraft and enrich your life.

We're playing All the Mods 3 Re-re-re(re) REMIX!
It's not even hard to welcome the tism' into your home anymore. You just download the TWITCH desktop app, link your minecraft/mojang account, search in the GUI, allocate at least 6gb of ram (8-12 if you want to use upgraded texture packs/resource packs/shaders to make the game look like skyrim or your favorite 3d internet game.

It's going to take about 8 minutes to 15 minutes to load, because the game isn't designed to be this heavily modded and a bunch of stuff people who know programming that I don't already know!  But that still shouldn't be something that keeps you from playing some modded minecraft with other people. Just think of that as time to get the coal burning in the furnaces. You could use it to look at headlines on reddit, maybe start a netflix series on a second monitor.  You could set up some coffee in your french press and then have a nice poop and come back to the computer and get ready for a long day deep in the mines.

Did you know with the texture pack I'm using, Qwans elfgirl has nipples? yeah   Little perky ones. Tell me again how this is a game for kids!

Anyway come play, theres girls playing and also we have like minotaurs  and some mazes.  Theres all sorts of extra dimensions, nuclear reactors, robots, automation, electricity.  If will it, it is no dream dude.

All sorts of cool things.  With all these modpacks (This is the third time they've taken ALL of them! No joke) you could evn help make a fem-boy hooters and explore a career in franchise management. So yeah PM me  (gris) on IRC if you want the IP or if you need help setting up

so first off download the twitch launcher AND MAKE A TWITCH ACCOUNT

Once you get that far and have that all set up feel free to talk to me about getting whitelisted/ the IP

We're not having any trollery, grieving, or bullshit.

installing texture packs/resource packs and shaders is a bit more involved, but if thats something you're interested in I can expand on it at a later time.  I'm going to go play M I N E C R A F T

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:32:35 am by tawd »
carpetdime

Re: U can play MODDED MINECRAFT with really cool people
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 01:57:05 am »
can i play in creative mode or is this one of those servers that considers mining to be "part of the fun"

i hate mining i just wanna build cool shit
m'lady

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 02:11:36 am »
Just wait a few days tiill we have a bunch of excess stuff around and you can go wild.
carpetdime

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 05:07:32 pm »
Normally I'm more of a vanilla fan but when Gris, Kate, and Qwan all agreed to not use discord and instead use mumble they told me I had to play with them.

I'm playing on a Microsoft Surface from 2015, it's only a dual core with 8gb of ram so it took like 30 minutes to load all of the modpacks.

Fortunately once the game loaded it was able to run fine. I discovered a cave that goes really deep and claimed it as my base

Just uh... don't go this way

Or else this will happen to you

*spork*

woodneko

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 05:11:34 pm »
Man why did y'all wait until I was busier than I've been all year to start. Ask me again 3 months ago.

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 09:09:43 am »
If you want not to use Twitch, I was using MultiMC.  https://github.com/MultiMC/MultiMC5/
To run the "All The ModsĀ³ Remix (ATM3-RM)" version of the software, I also had to downgrade my Java from v12 to v8.
`sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre`

* Add Instance
* in the left-hand column, choose "Twitch" mods
* enter "ATM" in the search bar, hit enter
* scroll through the list to find "All the Mods 3 - Remix - ATM3R"    not "Lite" nor "Expert" nor missing the "Remix"
* hit "okay" and wait.  It'll also install a downgraded version of Minecraft (1.12.2) to go with the package.
* before you start the instance, you'll need to right-click the icon in the launcher and choose "Edit Instance..."
* go to the "Settings" in the left-hand column
* turn on "
  • Java installation" and change the path to java to the downgraded Java runtime"  `/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java`

* turn on "
  • Memory" and change both minimum and maximum memory allocation to "8192 MB"  (it says it only needs 5500MB but that's not true)  (I tried 6400MB and it wasn't enough)

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 03:22:30 pm »
If you want not to use Twitch, I was using MultiMC.  https://github.com/MultiMC/MultiMC5/
To run the "All The ModsĀ³ Remix (ATM3-RM)" version of the software, I also had to downgrade my Java from v12 to v8.
`sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jre`

* Add Instance
* in the left-hand column, choose "Twitch" mods
* enter "ATM" in the search bar, hit enter
* scroll through the list to find "All the Mods 3 - Remix - ATM3R"    not "Lite" nor "Expert" nor missing the "Remix"
* hit "okay" and wait.  It'll also install a downgraded version of Minecraft (1.12.2) to go with the package.
* before you start the instance, you'll need to right-click the icon in the launcher and choose "Edit Instance..."
* go to the "Settings" in the left-hand column
* turn on "
  • Java installation" and change the path to java to the downgraded Java runtime"  `/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java`

* turn on "
  • Memory" and change both minimum and maximum memory allocation to "8192 MB"  (it says it only needs 5500MB but that's not true)  (I tried 6400MB and it wasn't enough)

Did you actually get the game to run and connect to the server though?????
*spork*

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 03:58:03 pm »
Did you actually get the game to run and connect to the server though?????

Run, yes. Connect, yes, I saw in the logs it was loading models relevant to nearby terrain.
Then after two hours of waiting for it to render a scene, I got a "connection timed out" an out-of-memory again because it could only use 7GB of the 8GB in my machine.
That's why I said "8192 MB" in the instructions.   (I told it to use 6400MB but I watched it go up to 7160MB.)

On other servers, including modded servers that don't require > 7GB of client-side mods, MultiMC works very well.

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 08:06:41 am »
has anyone built any cool shit yet?
m'lady

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 10:25:10 am »
The server has been down for about 3 days now, anybody know when it will be back up?

h

dudeweed😂

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2022, 09:36:39 am »
server 1.18.x, no client-side mods required, connect with a vanilla client

mc.mozai.com

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2023, 03:49:50 pm »
does this server still exist
m'lady

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2023, 04:00:53 pm »
does this server still exist

No rachel only played the one night for a little bit shes a big girl with a big girl job and a big girl life in the city, kate had a fit every single time anyone went near or looked at her base and meleeman tried playing but kept getting upset he couldn't figure out how to make a shack or chop down a tree or something so then it was just me and qwan and we kind of lost interest so I stopped hosting it.  I don't have the server backup any longer either.

Is there some interest in playing modded minecraft from folks that would actually want to play or maybe even cooperate? 
carpetdime

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2023, 05:32:30 pm »
no i was just curious bc periodically online communities will spin up minecraft survival servers - which takes days of gameplay time to get anything interesting going - but smaller servers tend to self delete pretty rapidly.

its a funny little paradox. nobody really spins up say, a q1 on-demand deathmatch server, or a shared stardew valley server. its always a minecraft server!
m'lady