Temporary Voluntary Homelessness.

• 4 Replies

Ozmiander

Temporary Voluntary Homelessness.
« on: November 29, 2020, 08:40:00 am »
I'm about to move across the street continent without having a job or home ready for me.  Who here has advice and/or experience being a bum?

Re: Temporary Voluntary Homelessness.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 01:20:04 pm »
get a planet fitness membership to have a shower, or borrow someones fob. i used a disposable bank account so they couldn't come after me for their cancellation fee.
m'lady

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 01:25:18 pm »
where was this my whole life lmao.

but um, i kinda want to long term it tbh. i don't have very many people i'm beholden to just yet, and i'd like to keep it that way.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 01:32:09 pm »
i've lived in my car for several months, and not during corona, but i would do bag showers and tarps and move my car whereever it was most conveniant. in the past i would travel to mexico with my car with a nice jackery style battery which had cellular internet antenna which i could hook up to a sim card modem from netgear, and i would have internet for about 2 days straight running my battery and not doing any climate control stuff. since it's winter time i'd get a heater like a propane with gas shutoff switch, butane and propane will be your new best friends for eating heating the place up, and drinking coffee. keep a car starter if you can and the usual tools, have a foldable table and chair you can take with you, it's nice. tarp and rope is useful for many things, i use mine for showers. you can go to the bathroom at public places just be wary of the state you're in and wear your mask, or otherwise bring a bucket, bags, and some baking soda. also a drybag can help you do your laundry out there as well. you'll want to carry a lot of water, like 5 gallons will be great for like long trips, but in my car i'd carry about 2, and in the desert 3 or 4.