Do you have a facebook?

• 1 Replies
Do you have a facebook?
« on: December 15, 2020, 02:07:02 pm »
i have one with my real name i never log into
m'lady

Re: Do you have a facebook?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 01:53:26 pm »
Made one with my real name, back when it was only college students who could sign up.
Deleted it, got flak from family members who kept trying to use it to contact me.
Signed up again and... all the deleted info was already filled-in on the new account.  Spooky.

Haven't used it in the last ten years because I moved to a new city and Facebook keeps thinking I still live in the old city (despite my telling it where I live), and will only show me friends & events in the old city.  (EDIT: wait, I did use Facebook Messenger because at my last job it was the only thing my co-workers used, so I had to comply or else I'd be a "problem.")

Every time I use it, something's broken about the UI.  From pages set on 1-second refresh, to blank white pages, and the aforementioned "you look like you're in Toronto so I'll only show you Toronto things and nothing else."

The last fucking straw was when I got a message from Facebook: "Your friend Rob K_____ liked the page for Honda Accord cars.  We think you should check out the page for Honda Accord cars."  Rob K was my best friend, he was like a brother to me, and not only did he despise Honda vehicles, he died four months before Facebook says he "liked" a page about the hated things.  So, y'know, fuck Facebook.

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 111 CORAL FOR THIS POST