road hoboism

• 6 Replies
road hoboism
« on: January 07, 2021, 03:37:27 PM »
first, fly across the country to buy a 22 year old truck and then drive it home like you don't give a fuck:

Then, buy an overpriced cargo trailer, because the market is FUCKED and 5 year old used trailers are the same price as new!

THEN, realize you'll need to install a 7 pin connector and brake controller, because this trailer has ELECTROMAGICAL brakes!  But before that, test the existing 4 pin connector, because your new one will use that to feed four of the seven pins for your new one!

Oops, go fuck yourself! The california/colorado heat and sun has BAKED that mother fucker into brittle pieces of shit!

Re: road hoboism
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 03:37:40 PM »

Got some 3/4" poplar, and made exactly two cuts before my fingers started falling off.  But, i now have the top for my sleeping platform!

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 11:31:55 AM »
Fuck waiting, let's start loading all our shit in and see if the trailer snaps in half.

Nothing yet, so it'll happen after i hit the road i assume.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 02:33:14 PM »
Your gas can looks cold
*spork*

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 02:48:23 PM »
Your gas can looks cold

SHRINKAGE IS NORMAL

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 10:40:00 AM »
Installed the factory style 4flat harness, and ran the power/brake wires from the 7 pin connector at the rear bumper, along the frame and into the engine bay.  I'll return to finish and take pics when i can feel my fingers.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 02:11:13 PM »
Got a bunch more shit in the trailer, still need to fit misc junk, and then my gun/ammo safes, but those will be the last things, obviously:

Got most of the trailer wiring done.  I only mounted the bracket with zip ties though because i don't want it to hang down there long term.

Stopped at the point where i need to penetrate the firewall because my fingers were cold and i ran out of black 12ga.