Just schizo things

• 3 Replies
Just schizo things
« on: April 11, 2022, 10:37:47 pm »
  • Hearing something weird in a song you haven't heard before, and skipping back to play it again to see if you were imagining it or not

Re: Just schizo things
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 10:43:39 pm »
  • Hearing something weird in a song you haven't heard before, and skipping back to play it again to see if you were imagining it or not

I've done this before

and I'm pretty sure I'm not schizo???????/
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2022, 08:19:50 pm »
brains only have so much time to decode sensory info, so they have to make guesses, and sometimes guess wrong. i've heard the phone go off at work while i'm peeing in the bathroom a bunch of times, but only a handful of them were the phone going off for real. but it's still happened enough that my brain will assume it's happening again in the white noise of me pissing
no don't

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2022, 04:09:37 pm »
In humans, weak sensorimotor gating is a hallmark of many nervous-system disorders such as schizophrenia or ADHD. Given mounting evidence of the role omega-3s play in the nervous system, there is intense interest in their therapeutic potential, perhaps as a supplement to medicines. For example, people with schizophrenia have lower levels of essential fatty acids, possibly from a genetic variation that results in poor metabolism of these nutrients.