Ways to Attract New Wetfish

• 1 Replies
Ways to Attract New Wetfish
« on: September 11, 2023, 07:43:27 pm »
I thought about inviting various people go give talks or presentations on something they have expertise in.  They get a chance to shill their product or explain their cause or otherwise talk about themselves.  We get the chance to learn something new.  And we all enjoy a person who now knows just a little bit more about wetfish.  Who knows, maybe they'll stay.
aka luke

why?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 11:03:45 am »
in my experience after decades of building online communities, i find what works best is finding people who have a good personality fit to the community then pitching them a feature that might interest them.

wetfish is a little different because its essentially misfits. so the handful of people i've invited who stuck around, are very much "misunderstood by the world" but good hearted and kind.

i don't think any of them use the forums or mumble or anime night or any of the advanced offerings that are unique to wetfish.

anyway i shit post a lot. less than i used to. for a while wetfish had a discord server and i tried to recruit ppl to it. then i gave up on it bc it wasn't active.

i don't know why people stick around. i just want a place to shitpost :-)

question for you, OP: why do you want to attract new wetfish?
m'lady