Notified when you get tipped

• 18 Replies
Notified when you get tipped
« on: December 22, 2017, 09:09:27 pm »
I've been tipped a bunch of coral recently, and the only way I know is I visited the threads with the posts I got coral for at a later date. Maybe there should be a thing where the next time you log in the forum displays a message saying who tipped you and the amount!

RACHEL TIPPED 20 CORAL FOR THIS POST

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 69 CORAL FOR THIS POST

no don't

Re: Notified when you get tipped
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:34:33 am »
This is a good idea, bump

COMMIE TIPPED 6 CORAL FOR THIS POST

*spork*

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 09:45:22 am »
i really like this idea
m'lady

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:18:47 am »
nicefish set ticket status to WONTFIX

Kate will be rewriting the forum.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 02:08:58 pm »
the whole friggin forum? dang i woulda thought it'd be easier to get an open source package and modify it but what do i know!
m'lady

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:18:05 pm »
the whole friggin forum? dang i woulda thought it'd be easier to get an open source package and modify it but what do i know!

I personally agree.

lemonrising

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 12:32:40 pm »
Issa good idea tho

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 11:25:48 am »
Hey there, still no notification system yet but yam just finished this recent tips page - https://wetfishonline.com/forum/index.php?action=tips

ANOMALY TIPPED 250 CORAL FOR THIS POST

*spork*

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 09:37:18 pm »
Hey there, still no notification system yet but yam just finished this recent tips page - https://wetfishonline.com/forum/index.php?action=tips

Niiiiiiiiiiice!
no don't

Yam

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 06:24:55 pm »
It'd actually be kinda cool to make this feature, as much as I hate smf.
characters

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2019, 06:30:46 pm »
It'd actually be kinda cool to make this feature, as much as I hate smf.

forum v2 forum v2 forum v2 forum v2 forum v2 forum v2 forum v2 forum v2 forum v2
*spork*

thanks for the cool tipping page! it seems broken
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 07:14:17 am »
it seems to show only the last three or so posts someone has been tipped on. the most i've seen is three, right now i can only see the last two tips
m'lady

Re: thanks for the cool tipping page! it seems broken
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 07:29:04 pm »
it seems to show only the last three or so posts someone has been tipped on. the most i've seen is three, right now i can only see the last two tips

do you mean when viewing the recent tips page itself or when searching for a user?

right now I can see about 10-15 posts all with tips
*spork*

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2019, 07:31:24 pm »
when searching for who's tipped me, or who's tipped a specific user, i can see at most the last three tips
m'lady

Yam

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2019, 08:30:28 pm »
when searching for who's tipped me, or who's tipped a specific user, i can see at most the last three tips

Because of the way the forum database is structured, it was really infeasible to achieve what you're asking for.

I hit a dead end when trying to implement it that way because there's no post->tip correlation, only a tip->post correlation and because of that I couldn't search a users posts for tipped posts. The way it current works is it just looks through the last X TIPS (in general) and can filter by user (there's also no timestamp for tips so you can't do all tips in last X time either).

I guess I could have made the user search a separate query so that it'd go through your posts and check the tips tables for a tip associated with the posts. But the search was just something I added quickly  because it was easy (two lines) and it wasn't part of the initial plan for the tip page.

RACHEL TIPPED 1000 CORAL FOR THIS POST

characters