Some fucking dorky quotes about cartoons.

• 37 Replies
Some fucking dorky quotes about cartoons.
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:38:08 pm »
I'm literally just putting quotes I like here to earn coral. I'm a fucking loser faggot, please kill me.

"Disney had such a hold on the mind of America-they were Adolf Hitler. The whole country thought Disney was some sort of god and that animation was some sort of pure thing for children."
- Ralph Bakshi

"The point is, animation is not a genre. It is a method of storytelling. People are constantly analyzing it and miss-analyzing it as if it is a genre. It isn?t a genre. It can do horror films, it can do adult comedies if it wanted to, it could do fairy tales, it could do science fiction, it could do musicals, it could mystery, it can do anything."
-Brad Bird

"Our American children are for the most part normal children. They are bright children, but those who want to prohibit comic magazines seem to see dirty, sneaky, perverted monsters who use the comics as a blueprint for action.Perverted little monsters are few and far between. They don't read comics. The chances are most of them are in schools for retarded children.What are we afraid of? Are we afraid of our own children? Do we forget that they are citizens, too, and entitled to select what to read or do? We think our children are so evil, simple minded, that it takes a story of murder to set them to murder, a story of robbery to set them to robbery? Jimmy Walker once remarked that he never knew a girl to be ruined by a book. Nobody has ever been ruined by a comic."
- Will Gains

"I think it's normal for censorship to exsist. The first time the film [MIDORI] was screened, I chose an independent cinima, so I could be present at the screening. That way I could handle any problems which might arise. When we were preparing to release the film commercially, I gave a copy of the film to Eirin, the Japanese organization in charge of censorship and they reviewed it. From that day forward, 26 scenes were modified. Some were cut or masked, others we modified the audio. But, I could tell that wasn't enough. I'm censoring myself in Japan. I'm not showing Midori, that's how the situation stands, but personally, I accept this."
-Hiroshi Harada

"20 people died in a bus accident this past Mother's Day... I think we should stop riding buses in light of the incident. " - Tom Fulp (in response that the Newgrounds assassin mascot should be taken down because of the Columbine massacre)

"I'm not racist, I hate you all equally."
-Ryan Wells

Habeeb it

Re: Some fucking dorky quotes about cartoons.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:44:00 pm »
I'm literally just putting quotes I like here to earn coral. I'm a fucking loser faggot, please kill me.

wow don't be so mean to yourself, we all post here for coral

also did you know that you could use the bbcode for quotes if you want to be really fancy:

Quote from: Ralph Bakshi
Disney had such a hold on the mind of America-they were Adolf Hitler. The whole country thought Disney was some sort of god and that animation was some sort of pure thing for children.
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:57:20 pm »

wow don't be so mean to yourself, we all post here for coral

also did you know that you could use the bbcode for quotes if you want to be really fancy:

Quote from: Ralph Bakshi
Disney had such a hold on the mind of America-they were Adolf Hitler. The whole country thought Disney was some sort of god and that animation was some sort of pure thing for children.

I was unaware of that, I thought they had to have an account on here or something.

I don't even want to spend the coral, I just want more of it.
Habeeb it

redheron

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 08:28:24 pm »
cartoons are so good

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 08:49:52 pm »
cartoons are so good

Have you ever seen anything by Ralph Bakshi?
Habeeb it

redheron

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 05:14:06 am »
cartoons are so good

I have seen literally everything by Ralph Bakshi

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 09:03:46 pm »
cartoons are so good

I have seen everything by Ralph Bakshi
I have seen Ralph Bakshi
Ralph Bakshi

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE OTHER THAN MY WIFE TO TALK ABOUT RALPH BAKSHI FILMS FOR YEARS, PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE EITHER TOO WEIRD OR GROSS TO TALK ABOUT THEM. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM I COULD WEEP OPENLY
Habeeb it

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 07:01:12 am »
NERDS
愛してるよ~!!!

redheron

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 08:26:25 am »

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE OTHER THAN MY WIFE TO TALK ABOUT RALPH BAKSHI FILMS FOR YEARS, PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE EITHER TOO WEIRD OR GROSS TO TALK ABOUT THEM. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HAPPY I AM I COULD WEEP OPENLY

my dude, ralph bakshi is both weird AND gross but he makes a decent cartoon and if there is one thing I am obsessed with its cartoons

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2016, 11:08:02 am »

my dude, ralph bakshi is both weird AND gross but he makes a decent cartoon and if there is one thing I am obsessed with its cartoons

Did you see that he's made a new series thanks to a kickstarter?

I found out about it only after it got funded. I wanna see it, but I also want it to be on DVD. I collect DVDs.

Did you see cool world? It was supposed to be his answer to who framed rodger rabbit, but the studio kinda said
"yeah, we're taking your ideas and gonna make them more marketable."

Habeeb it

Habeeb it

redheron

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2016, 12:21:41 pm »

I found out about it only after it got funded. I wanna see it, but I also want it to be on DVD. I collect DVDs.

Did you see cool world? It was supposed to be his answer to who framed rodger rabbit, but the studio kinda said
I fucking love the animation from cool world holy shit its so good, that doorknocker ghdsfkuhdshgih

have you seen rock and rule tho

edit: as for another bakshi movie, I also really like fritz the cat :3
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 12:38:10 pm by redheron »

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2016, 01:20:33 pm »

oh hey you forced me to watch showed me both of those movies!

now suddenly I know what you guys are talking about
*spork*

redheron

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 01:28:28 pm »

oh hey you forced me to watch showed me both of those movies!

now suddenly I know what you guys are talking about
hahahah yeah! I think I made you watch showed you cool world too once but you know how we weren't really sober at those times lol

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2016, 01:42:15 pm »

I fucking love the animation from cool world holy shit its so good, that doorknocker ghdsfkuhdshgih

I have not seen Rock and rule, yet. I liked fritz the cat, but I thought Heavy Traffic was better.

I actually used it in a public speaking class once and got a B+. I didn't even prepare anything, I just bullshitted about cartoons.
Habeeb it