Idea: Anti-procrastination shock collar

• 12 Replies
Idea: Anti-procrastination shock collar
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:53:25 pm »
Make a shock collar where if you set it into "I should be working mode", it shocks you for:

• Every page your web browser loads
  • Every message you send on IRC
  • Whenever you open an IRC window that's not the status window, and once every 30 seconds until you go back to the status window

Re: Idea: Anti-procrastination shock collar
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 04:08:10 pm »
Make a shock collar where if you set it into "I should be working mode", it shocks you for:

• Whenever you open an IRC window that's not the status window, and once every 30 seconds until you go back to the status window

I like this idea, but what if I do web development and need to open pages in my browser in order to get work done?
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 04:17:58 pm »

I like this idea, but what if I do web development and need to open pages in my browser in order to get work done?

There can be a whitelist of non-shockable URL regex's.

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 04:26:48 pm »

There can be a whitelist of non-shockable URL regex's.

Sounds good. Have you ever heard of Pavlok? It's a bracelet that shocks you and hooks up to an app https://pavlok.com/
*spork*

nicefish did you actually get a shock collar
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 08:06:58 am »
im just thinking nice fish was looking for a way to integrate pain into her workflow
m'lady

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 06:44:56 pm »
i'll sell you mine nicefish.  The thing is you end up just hating the device and taking it off.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 06:57:03 pm »
kayimbo where and when did you get one? how long did you use it before you got tired of it?
m'lady

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 10:59:31 pm »
i bought a used one from my friend who also didn't like it anymore.  I stopped liking it probably the second time it shocked me.  It is still a good emergency alarm clock though for when you absolutely must wake up

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 12:24:37 am »
nicefish you should come on mumble and discuss anti procrastination with me.  The cure to laziness is the only tech problem i am interested in.

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 12:30:43 am »
Alternate idea: Accept laziness as a normal part of the human condition?

People should strive for laziness? That is the purpose of automation?
*spork*

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 12:36:35 am »
think of the economic loss though
think of Li Ziqi planting cotton to knit her grandmother a warm sweater for winter.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 12:42:12 am »
The economy can suck my dick life is meaningless if we can't have fun
*spork*

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 12:45:32 am »
you have to wake up a dawn to make a blanket for your grandmother though