Adventures in Greed (Megacorps vs Everyday people)

• 144 Replies
Re: Adventures in Greed (Megacorps vs Everyday people)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 12:37:47 am »
*spork*

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 06:13:04 pm »
aren't liquidized fish supposed to be high end fertilizer for hydroponics? i would love a few gallons of blood to compost for the garden!
m'lady

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »
aren't liquidized fish supposed to be high end fertilizer for hydroponics? i would love a few gallons of blood to compost for the garden!

Exactly, that's what these people are saying. It should be saved and used as fertilizer instead of dumped back into the water. Fish blood spreads diseases and contaminants to other fish who live there. If you use it as fertilizer it can bring nutrients to plants without worrying about fish diseases!
*spork*

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 01:38:40 am »

This is amazing. These politicians are intelligent, articulate the problems of big tech with relatable examples, and actually care about the right to repair?????

I've never felt so much hope for democracy
*spork*

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 04:48:15 pm »
This thread is like 75% Louis Rossmann, lol

Farmers Only!
*spork*

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 06:11:57 pm »
You don't have to be lonely, at Farmer's Only Dot THIS THREAD IS THE PROPERTY OF JOHN DEERE ANY MODIFICATION OF THIS THREAD IS A VIOLATION OF COPYRIGHT LAW
m'lady

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2020, 03:04:08 am »
OwO oopsie whoopsie looks like a lil lobbyist paid by giant corporations to fight against consumer rights got mad at Louis-kun and tried to get a youtube video removed... of their statements made during a public hearing????

*spork*

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2020, 09:14:51 pm »
This is amazing. So uh, apparently you can copyright claim your own videos to get a share of the revenue from whatever shitty company is trying to steal it from you

Edit: It's worth mentioning this also apparently works even if your video does not qualify for monetization normally (your channel is under the required number of subscribers / watch time)

lol
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:28:41 pm by rachel »
*spork*

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2020, 11:52:19 pm »
Be careful of the FBI investigating you if you ever post mushroom growing information online...

*spork*

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2020, 02:53:33 pm »
Sonos speakers have a "recycling mode" where, if enabled, the speaker becomes completely unusable and you can't refurbish it or fix it in any way. Even if the device was totally functional, when "recycling mode" is enabled the speaker becomes a brick.

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1210662988828442624

*spork*

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2020, 06:18:56 pm »
If you buy a Tesla from a used car dealer, Tesla will remotely update the software on the vehicle to remove features and then charge you thousands of dollars to unlock them again. It doesn't matter if the previous owner paid $8000 for autopilot, you also have to pay $8000 if you want to continue using it.

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-remotely-removes-autopilot-features-from-customer-1841472617

*spork*

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2020, 08:03:18 pm »
Panel on MSNBC defending billionaires, saying Bernie is “alienating” them, people like Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos made “our lives better”, it’s being “against aspiration” & have to be careful about “creating unnecessary class war.”

https://twitter.com/ibrahimpols/status/1225927067163865088

In the video one of the pundits said "we can't alienate billionaires, average people want to get rich too." My response to that is: Yeah lots of people do think that way, and it's a problem. Practically everyone is brainwashed into thinking some day they'll be rich. It's okay for companies to exploit people and tax loopholes because some day, I'll be rich too and all my problems will be solved with money.

Fuck that
*spork*

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2020, 09:08:06 pm »
Quote from: https://taragrimface.tumblr.com/post/186996094466/mobile
“we could give you a link to this mp3 OR we could run it in a proprietary player app that must connect to the internet every time you hit the resume button”

how do we explain to children that all our tech briefly worked perfectly and over time we threw it all away for sleek menus and corporate opacity

when i upgraded from a flip phone to an iphone and realized i could no longer record and set a custom ringtone because apple wanted me to buy radio pop ringtones, i realized, oh cool new tech isnt made for us it’s made to exploit us and we are going to let it happen
*spork*