"Oh, Shit" Moments

• 1 Replies
"Oh, Shit" Moments
« on: October 29, 2018, 01:33:13 pm »
You ever have one of those moments wherein you're sure you're going to eat shit/get hurt/be fucked over and everything has turned out surprisingly okay?

A "for instance" from my own experiences:
I was at a music festival, and my ex was getting some acupuncture done. While she was, I was hanging out under the canopy with the acupuncturist's wife, who was kind enough to offer me some wine. I said sure, and she went into their camper to get it. She came back out a minute later with a saucepan full of wine, apologizing that she didn't have any cups. Soooo I ended up drinking three or four glasses' worth from this full saucepan and getting kinda drunk.
When we headed back to the campsite, we passed this five-foot-high slackline, which my drunk ass decided would be a good idea to get on right now. So I clamber on up, get on it, and take three steps before missing completely with my foot and going down. I was certain I was going to faceplant, but I managed to fall such that the line caught me across the chest and took away most of my momentum, which gave me time to get a hand on it and swing down onto my feet in a semi-controlled manner. At which point I looked down at myself in one of those, "I am surprisingly okay," moments.
signatures

Re: "Oh, Shit" Moments
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 04:43:43 am »
I got pulled over with a bag of weed in Texas (some of it was spilled in the seat from trying to make a joint in the back seat.)
aka luke