Crying at the movie theater

• 6 Replies
Crying at the movie theater
« on: May 05, 2019, 12:18:35 am »
I just got home from watching the last Avengers movie. End game. Infinity war. Whatever. My husband wanted me to go. COMIC BOOKS!!

Anyway, towards the end of the movie this girl behind me started sobbing. Not going to spoil the movie but I was not expecting to hear so many people crying in the audience at a comic book movie. Mostly sniffling, but this one girl was straight up sobbing.
*spork*

Re: Crying at the movie theater
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 10:37:21 am »
So did you teach her a lesson or what
o bb

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 10:43:01 am »
So did you teach her a lesson or what

Not sure what you mean by that. But no, I'm not going to yell at somebody for having emotions
*spork*

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 05:32:24 pm »
Having seen it, I do think sobbing's a bit of an overreaction to Endgame, but why shouldn't people be emotionally engaged by fiction? Isn't that the whole point of fiction?

Sure, the latest superhero film may not objectively be the best fiction to be engaged with, but remember this is the 22nd(?) official Marvel film, so that's 21 possible times for that connection to be made, and for people to care. That emotional connection is the realest thing there is to our minds.
no don't

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 10:42:25 am »
I'm not really into the avengers movies but I cry during movies all the time. Wolf Children makes me cry every time. And Summer Wars. And Tekkonkinkreet. Pretty much anything with family stuff, really.

Me watching a huge bara bear man adopt a smol boy in Bakemono no Ko:
🎷🐕

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 07:49:53 am »
at least people were crying instead of jerking off?
m'lady

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 01:38:34 pm »
at least people were crying instead of jerking off?

I think I'd prefer the latter, actually.

ANOMALY TIPPED 69 CORAL FOR THIS POST

*spork*