Anonymous board

• 11 Replies
Anonymous board
« on: February 18, 2017, 06:12:31 pm »
You post but nobody knows who you are.
We'll have to trust the admin to not be a dick and look up who posted stuff.

Re: Anonymous board
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 06:31:00 pm »
Would avatars also be hidden? What about tipping? Would you still earn coral for posting?
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:13:36 pm »
I think it would be cool if you could post in the anonymous board without registering an account, but there'd need to be a captcha or something to stop spammers.
*spork*

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 04:36:43 pm »
Does SMF let you enable guest posting?
How would modding work when everyone's anonymous?

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 11:27:26 pm »
Does SMF let you enable guest posting?
How would modding work when everyone's anonymous?

IP / Email bans? The moderation features already available let you ban based on: IP, Reverse DNS Hostname, Email, Registered Account
*spork*

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 10:52:48 pm »
Anonymous imageboards and customizing-avatar forums are fundamentally antithesis to each other.

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 12:45:14 am »
Anonymous imageboards and customizing-avatar forums are fundamentally antithesis to each other.

Not if posting in the anon forum automatically changes your avatar to wear a gay fucks mask LOL
*spork*

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 12:48:25 am »
Actually, on second thought, why not just have a "post anonymously" option? Then you could post anon in any board? Maybe there should be a board where you're not allowed to post anonymously. It could be called "MyLiveFaceSpaceJournalBook"

And then there'd be a forced anon board too where you couldn't post without being anonymous.

A whole spectrum of anonymity !
*spork*

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 10:37:29 am »

Not if posting in the anon forum automatically changes your avatar to wear a gay fucks mask LOL
I'm behind this idea 100%

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 12:23:38 am »
Yeah I think it would be cool if you could post anonymously without registering in any board and your avatar was generated with random items based on a hash of your IP address. Then you could still be able to identify anonymous posters (similar to the poster ID thing on 4chan)
*spork*

h

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 11:50:58 am »
I'm upvoting this one
dudeweed😂

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 03:39:53 pm »
posting anonymously is more fun if you have friends who know you're posting anonymously