Wetfish v2 Forum Brainstorming Thread

• 38 Replies
Wetfish v2 Forum Brainstorming Thread
« on: May 02, 2020, 10:39:23 pm »
We're coming up with ideas! Yam and I are on mumble right now discussing what the new version of the forums will be like. Feel free to post your own suggestions!

So far we've decided:
- Laravel back-end API
- Vue front end
- 4chan style quotes
- Being able to earn coral in more ways besides posting
- Lottery system
- Threads hould auto-update when new posts are made
- Replying on same page
- Show "X People are readnig this thread" / "X People are typing a reply..." in real time
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 11:00:19 pm by rachel »
*spork*

Yam

Re: Wetfish v2 Forum Brainstorming Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 10:59:59 pm »
- User run shops beyond just item tipping :)
- Diminishing returns on back to back posting to discourage single-man spam threads
- Faucet to even further discourage spam
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 11:20:03 pm by Yam »
characters

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 02:50:59 pm »
i do like the idea of anyone being able to upload some items to sell and then getting the corral from it
m'lady

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 03:43:45 pm »
i do like the idea of anyone being able to upload some items to sell and then getting the corral from it

Yes! This has been on the todo list for a while, but we're still trying to iron out exactly how it would work. Should there be an approval process for new items to make sure they aren't garbage? Should there be a limited quantity of pixels that you have to pay to unlock?

When you create an item, you shouldn't be able to create an infinite amount. How should that work? You pay for the "materials" to build each copy of the item you make?

Should you be able to craft items and put them on your avatar without selling them? What about selling items that you didn't create?
*spork*

Regarding diminishing returns for coral earned
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 04:00:38 pm »
I think it should be based on a few different factors. How many times you've posted in a row in a single thread would lead to the biggest reduction in coral, but the total number of unique posters and total number of recent posts in the thread should also be taken into consideration. Otherwise, if it  was only based on sequential posts, two people could work together to spam and avoid the penalty
*spork*

Ozmiander

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 04:34:30 pm »
a really contrived morality system, where people can  hit red/blue on your posts and  how far into each one your balance ends up, gives you a + or - to coral earned per post.  Going high into one or another gets you a free halo/devil horns which  can be lost by moving your morality score.

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 08:24:19 pm »
If spam discouragement infringes on normal use cases, it would be frustrating and no longer fun to post here.

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2020, 08:57:01 pm »
If spam discouragement infringes on normal use cases, it would be frustrating and no longer fun to post here.

The point is that we want to have more minigames and things to do on the forums besides just spamming for coral. That way people make posts because they have something to say, not just because they want to earn coral
*spork*

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 08:31:25 am »

Yes! This has been on the todo list for a while, but we're still trying to iron out exactly how it would work. Should there be an approval process for new items to make sure they aren't garbage? Should there be a limited quantity of pixels that you have to pay to unlock?

When you create an item, you shouldn't be able to create an infinite amount. How should that work? You pay for the "materials" to build each copy of the item you make?

Should you be able to craft items and put them on your avatar without selling them? What about selling items that you didn't create?

here's my suggestion: anyone can create items, there's no limit to how many you can create. you set the price when you make it. if you want to wear something you made, you have to buy it. anything you make gives you 80% of the coral price but 20% goes to something fun and communal.

why shouldn't you be able to create an infinite amount?

oh also if you click someone's profile it should show you how to Steal Their Look, where they got the items from
m'lady

woodneko

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 03:19:40 pm »
I want items to be randomly generated, discovered, and distributed using barcodes

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 03:32:19 pm »
I want items to be randomly generated, discovered, and distributed using barcodes

hey that's just a game you already made!
*spork*

Ozmiander

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 08:07:45 pm »
i swear if i get a SINGLE Suezo, i'm burning this site down.

KAYIMBO TIPPED 999 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 06:02:45 am »
- Ability to sage threads
- Rules for threads defined by OPs (certain items must be equipped before allowed to post, unable to reply more than once without somebody else replying after you)
- Anonymous posting
*spork*

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 07:03:47 am »
i think someone already mentioend this somewhere, but cross-thread posting would be really cool
m'lady

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 07:19:40 am »
i think someone already mentioend this somewhere, but cross-thread posting would be really cool

There are a couple ways we could handle cross-thread posting. One way would be to allow thread creators to add unique tags to their threads, like a "#cat" tag for the cat thread, "#funny" tag for the "funny shit my dudes" thread, etc. Then users can add tags to their posts and they automatically appear in multiple threads based on those tags.

Or we could have a "repost" button, kinda like retweet on twitter or or reblog on tumblr, which allows you to select other threads to post something into.

Which would you prefer?
*spork*