Witness the POWER of Dr. William J. Powers

• 7 Replies
Witness the POWER of Dr. William J. Powers
« on: August 05, 2020, 09:36:46 pm »
Hi there, my name is Dr. Will Powers. I'm the primary care provider for the DETROIT HOUSE OF PAIN

Seriously, this whole presentation is so amazing. For a lot of reasons. Whether you're trans or just curious what doctors can do by understanding the ways various hormones can change the human body.

capture is the point where I own your endocrine system

I can always get anybody erectile function like I have a compounding pharmacy that makes me quad mix which is an injectable that's a combination of different things. Basically like you could stick it into a corpse and it would get an erection

I actually have a quadriplegic patient who's completely paralyzed and when he uses it, it works.  Him and his wife can have intercourse

I spent a lot of time online and am very active on reddit, much to the chagrin of my wife. But basically I spend a lot of time talking on transgender forums to transgender people and a lot of them are DIYers in other parts of the world and they gave me their labs and results and other stuff
*spork*

Re: Witness the POWER of Dr. William J. Powers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 10:46:30 pm »
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fefu33e8O-0&t=15m20s

taking the hormones actually gives them the sense of wellness that does not seem to come with the hormones their bodies were producing previously

whenever I meet a new trans patient and they come in with severe depression and they want to transition I never start an SSRI before I start hormones because the overwhelming majority of them don't need it. Once they start hormones the depression issue goes away
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 11:04:15 pm »
From https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fefu33e8O-0&t=116m40s

to repeat the question: do I see increased aggression in my FTM patients on testosterone?

transgender men commit crimes pretty much in parity with cis men

men are wired differently

I constantly have FTM patients come in and be like I'm so angry all the time and I'm so horny and hungry and RAAAAAGH

and that's just the nature of testosterone

I've had transgender men come crying and apologize to me for what society does to men

this has happened to me like no less than ten times, "dr. powers I'm so sorry now that I know what it's like to have lived life is both a woman and a man it's just so wrong what society does to men and how they how they treat us"

and I'm like uh-huh tell me more
*spork*

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 03:25:21 pm »
RIP - everything this guy mentioned about getting stuck at tanner stage 2 without progesterone seems to be where I'm at but my endo is super against adding progesterone in

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 08:15:16 am »
I really like this guy
o bb

woodneko

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 08:15:56 pm »
RIP - everything this guy mentioned about getting stuck at tanner stage 2 without progesterone seems to be where I'm at but my endo is super against adding progesterone in

progesterone is a naturally occurring hormone and likely necessary for full development, you should probably try to get your hands on it.

no don't

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 09:34:57 pm »
Some interesting criticisms of Powers' presentation:
Comment Extension: Constructive Criticism of Dr. Powers' presentation, Healthcare of the Transgender Patient (5/13/19), by Ambrosia25.

That voices a lot of things that have stuck with me after watching the full presentation. Dr. Powers makes a TON of big claims, and that's a little concerning as he hasn't published any data yet and can't provide anything other than anecdotes currently. I'm also still weirded out by his particular phrasing of "owning" someone's endocrine system. I think he's probably not completely wrong about everything, but he also comes off as having a bit of an ego complex and I'm not sure that data will back up all of his claims.