one click to list "all my posts" / "posts by $self"

• 10 Replies
one click to list "all my posts" / "posts by $self"
« on: September 03, 2020, 07:15:47 am »
User story:
  I posted something today, and an hour later saw someone posted the same thing earlier than I did.  I wanted to return to my post and edit it.  Rather than hunt through recently-updated threads, I'd like to click on a link for "My Posts" the same way I can click on a link for "My Messages"

Similar feature:
  The "Search" feature can have username as criteria, but "substring of body text" is mandatory so it would only show my posts that each contain some word.  Better if I could search on just "{author: $self}" instead of "{author: $self, body: /foobar/ }"

Re: one click to list "all my posts" / "posts by $self"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 11:34:28 am »
how can you see a list of recent posts, i want that! i don't know how to get to that right now
m'lady

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 12:26:23 pm »
how can you see a list of recent posts, i want that! i don't know how to get to that right now

• - Start at the forums index page.
  • - The forums are grouped, with a dark bar at the top of each group.  Left side is group's name, right side is "Unread Posts".  Click "unread posts."
  • - it will show you threads that updated (in that group) since your   last visit.  Below the list of threads, on the right-hand side, you'll   see a dark button "v Mark Read" and a light button "All Unread Topics"   Click the light button.
  • - Et voila.  Or just fukkin' bookmark https://wetfishonline.com/forum/index.php?action=unread;all;c=1;start=0

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 01:59:35 am »
Umm so you're asking to add a link to "My Posts" to the nav bar? Like the page that already exists when you click on your profile? https://wetfishonline.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=4973
*spork*

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 02:18:11 am »
like this???

*spork*

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 02:22:50 am »
You can currently find the posts by "{author: $self}" feature by visiting your profile (or any user's profile) and clicking the "Show Posts" button

*spork*

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 06:34:11 am »
like this???
[points to "My Posts"]

Yes, exactly like that thing that I do not have.  I wonder why you have it and I do not.

You can currently find the posts by "{author: $self}" feature by visiting your profile (or any user's profile) and clicking the "Show Posts" button

Got it. _Now_ you can make fun of me, though it won't be very effective because I'll feel the intermediate step of "attempt to change your profile" to get to "list the posts you already made" is an easy mistake to make.

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 06:41:00 am »
like this???
[points to "My Posts"]

Yes, exactly like that thing that I do not have.  I wonder why you have it and I do not.

I used inspect element to add a link to the nav bar as an example to make sure I understood what you were asking

I don't actually have that button
*spork*

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 05:28:10 am »

• - The forums are grouped, with a dark bar at the top of each group.  Left side is group's name, right side is "Unread Posts".  Click "unread posts."
  • - it will show you threads that updated (in that group) since your   last visit.  Below the list of threads, on the right-hand side, you'll   see a dark button "v Mark Read" and a light button "All Unread Topics"   Click the light button.
  • - Et voila.  Or just fukkin' bookmark https://wetfishonline.com/forum/index.php?action=unread;all;c=1;start=0

I actually already have that bookmarked I just know i've seen a post lately with something i want to include but can't remember where and my only recourse is loading up individual forum threads and checking the tail end of each
m'lady

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 01:08:39 pm »

I actually already have that bookmarked I just know i've seen a post lately with something i want to include but can't remember where and my only recourse is loading up individual forum threads and checking the tail end of each

ohhhh I see, so you want to see all recent posts sequentially even when you've already seen them
*spork*

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2020, 08:48:55 am »

ohhhh I see, so you want to see all recent posts sequentially even when you've already seen them

yes
m'lady