Rednecks vs Robots

• 55 Replies
Rednecks vs Robots
« on: November 05, 2020, 09:52:28 pm »
Ozmiander sent me more pics of the land today and I am furious. The ATV riding mouth breathing rednecks have continued trespassing on the wetfish nature preserve and even tore up some of the posts we put in the trails to keep them away.

Time to build some robots with tank treads and paintball guns. Actually, seed pellets. Every shot plants native species. Hell yeah

Anyway, look at this shit.

BEFORE

AFTER

I guess we need to use more quickrete next time.
*spork*

Re: Rednecks vs Robots
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 01:58:52 pm »
the rednecks live closer to the posts than you do. at this point they probably see it as a game and are excited to see your next move. already one of them has predicted your quickrete move, and are considering bringing in a tractor to pull them out. another redneck thinks that's too much work and wants to just cut them off at ground level with a saw, but the first redneck is a stubborn craftsman who believes in seeing a job out to its end.

you're trying to solve a social obstacle with technology, and you're up against rednecks. technology doesn't really work on rednecks.

have you tried talking to them?
m'lady

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 02:19:00 pm »
you're trying to solve a social obstacle with technology, and you're up against rednecks. technology doesn't really work on rednecks.

have you tried talking to them?

That's what the robots are for. They will be mounted with a speaker connected to mumble
*spork*

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 05:50:05 pm »
For the record, there already was quickrete on those posts, but I guess not enough to get a good grip.

Maybe next time we should hammer some nails into the bottom of the post before pouring. That should give it a good grip, right?
*spork*

woodneko

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2020, 02:43:47 pm »
Put up a sign and a hidden camera, file a police report when they trespass again.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 03:45:45 pm »
Put up a sign and a hidden camera, file a police report when they trespass again.

Good idea.

It was one of the first things we did last month.

Maybe some day we'll have some usable footage from the trail cams we set up. Right now all we have are a couple pictures of birds. Which, to be fair, is our actual mission as a nature conservancy.

We should probably get some more cameras... And a drone. And an RC boat
*spork*

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 05:50:17 pm »
Land map:

Coming soon:
Live camera feed and RTS style map tracking the locations of wildlife, rednecks, etc.
*spork*

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 06:32:52 pm »
Open offer to any wetfish member who lives in NY. I'll pay you $20 an hour to go pick up trash and scare away rednecks at the nature preserve.

PM me on IRC <3
*spork*

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 09:01:43 pm »
It's nice if you ignore the ATV trails

*spork*

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 01:20:17 pm »
Got some hidden camera footage of an ATV person

*spork*

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 04:34:31 pm »
Update: 1st contact has been made with one of the trespassers, in the form of an armed stand off between Ozmiander and the trespasser. They claimed to know the owner and that they were allowed to be there, but they were informed otherwise.
*spork*

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 05:13:57 pm »
It's a black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)!!

Edit: Linkrot
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:58:58 pm by rachel »
*spork*

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2020, 03:55:09 pm »
Update: Broken posts repaired, new set of posts added. Locations with high concentrations of garbage highlighted in red.

*spork*

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2020, 04:29:40 pm »
Update: 1st contact has been made with one of the trespassers, in the form of an armed stand off between Ozmiander and the trespasser. They claimed to know the owner and that they were allowed to be there, but they were informed otherwise.

lol
m'lady

Ozmiander

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2020, 11:20:08 am »
Y'all ever see someone steal two whole ass gates before??