Wetfish Featured Automation Projects

• 5 Replies
Wetfish Featured Automation Projects
« on: February 23, 2021, 10:37:18 am »
Today I am happy to announce the first ever Wetfish Featured Project: Kate's 3D printed rotary encoder!

The goal was to create a DIY rotary encoder—the first step in her low-cost robotics project. Kate created both the physical encoder design and the control software from scratch.

It uses two LEDs (one as an output, and the other as an input) and a 3D printed encoder wheel. The light shines through holes in the wheel as it spins and the software uses the pattern of light to determine the position of the shaft.

At Wetfish we believe that technology could save the world if developed with care and responsibility. But when only large corporations and governments have access to automation technology, its development is instead driven by profit-seeking investors. By creating inexpensive DIY robotics, Kate is actualizing Wetfish's mission to democratize automation.

Thanks Kate! ❤️
*spork*

Re: Wetfish Featured Automation Projects
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 08:13:51 pm »
Here's a screenshot of kate's encoder design! She promised me that she would post here to explain more about it soon xD

*spork*

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 06:27:14 am »
bump
m'lady

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2021, 09:37:47 pm »
bump
m'lady

h

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 08:18:46 pm »
bump
sorry but i have hopped away and onto another project (and then another and then another and about to jump onto a 4th one) since the vid
who knows if ill ever come back to this
hope u understand
dudeweed😂

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 10:33:31 am »
bump
sorry but i have hopped away and onto another project (and then another and then another and about to jump onto a 4th one) since the vid
who knows if ill ever come back to this
hope u understand
m'lady