The death of the headphone jack

• 4 Replies
The death of the headphone jack
« on: April 13, 2022, 11:59:31 pm »
My problem with the death of the headphone jack isn't the cost associated with buying a pair of wireless headphones.
The problem is that it's another device you have to keep charged.
That is clutter in our lives, another thing to think about, and it is a lack of taste.

How many things do you own that you already have to keep charged?
Why add another one.

I resurrected my Surface Pro 6 with the broken screen for an entertainment device. It has a headphone jack. My fucking Surface Pro X doesn't have one. In fact I probably broke something on the Surface Pro X by leaning it on its side on my bed against the dongle. The headphone jack, with the right-angle connector is DESIGNED for this use case.

The fucking dongles are a fucking step back.

After owning both a phone and a tablet without a headphone jack, in the future, I will make an effort to purchase devices WITH a headphone jack.

And I actually DO have wireless bluetooth headphones. It's just a pain in the ass to use with multiple devices. And switching between bluetooth devices is a LOT more steps than just plugging in the wire to a different device. I never use the bluetooth feature in the headphones anymore because it's a pain in the fucking ass. I don't even remember the last time I charged them for the wireless part.

THE DEATH OF THE HEADPHONE JACK AND ITS CONSEQUENCE HAVE BEEN A DISASTER FOR THE HUMAN RACE

I even chose to have a hard-wired vibrator just to not have another device to charge.

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 101 CORAL FOR THIS POST

Re: The death of the headphone jack
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 11:59:42 pm »
/DRUNK

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 03:48:21 am »
you're always managing wires.

with a wired headset you have to keep it plugged in while you use it.
with a wireless headset you have to keep it plugged in while you don't use it. but only sometimes.

switching devices does suck badly, that i'll give you - i have my headset tied to both my laptop and my phone and if both devices are on and i turn on my headset, i have to go into one device to disconnect.
m'lady

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 07:52:25 pm »
I like the freedom of being able to piss while listening to music without carrying a device with me

I also like the freedom to plug in a device directly using an aux cable without needing to configure any settings

My wireless headphones actually support both, but unfortunately the aux cable doesn't work unless the headphones are charged :'(
*spork*

I even chose to have a hard-wired vibrator just to not have another device to charge.

Underrated post
m'lady