Nice passwords thread

• 10 Replies
Nice passwords thread
« on: April 16, 2022, 07:31:33 pm »
Post in this thread if you come across something that would make a great password.

Here's one from a confirmation e-mail I got:

C00774C0

Re: Nice passwords thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 07:41:54 pm »
I got sunburned today :(
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 08:27:44 am »
Aside from the "variety of each char doesn't matter when you allow 8-char passwords," there's also the bullshit of "and one of the chars has to be from this set: {!, @, #, $, %}"  which (a) if one-upper-one-lower-one-nonletter actually mattered this would cripple the password, and (b) the one-upper-... thing doesn't fucking matter, brute-force will attempt all 93 printable ASCII chars anyways.

When in heaven's name will password fields use all 254 non-null values for each char?  Let me have Malaysian, Hiragana, Georgian or Elder Futhark passwords, damn your security theatre.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 08:39:43 am »
Sentient/self aware/AI passwords when?
aka luke

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 01:49:40 pm »
I got sunburned today :(

Hey, we do have similar passwords!
Also, I think that "nv1d1aRules" is a nice password.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 11:47:39 am »
Aside from the "variety of each char doesn't matter when you allow 8-char passwords," there's also the bullshit of "and one of the chars has to be from this set: {!, @, #, $, %}"  which (a) if one-upper-one-lower-one-nonletter actually mattered this would cripple the password, and (b) the one-upper-... thing doesn't fucking matter, brute-force will attempt all 93 printable ASCII chars anyways.

When in heaven's name will password fields use all 254 non-null values for each char?  Let me have Malaysian, Hiragana, Georgian or Elder Futhark passwords, damn your security theatre.

clearly you just need to make your own password prompt presented after the password prompt

but nepnep! there is no scripting available to install password prompt there!

well, kind sir, in the real world everything is interpretations and you can abstractly install an abstract prompt for your abstract data storing method.
use Foon™

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 11:50:30 am »
i think 'i bring milk' is a pretty good password
use Foon™

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 06:15:44 am »
FucksPansTuskBus GurneysIrisTheir WhaleThemeMantis CorncobQuakeFuck TugLaughsSheLeis SickPricksMangos TidyVogueBuckeye FishWispLaysAlso FigPanTotGigLens DucksDialsGodAha ShekelFirMayPans SighsShambleHalt BogieHandleSigma EmendTiroRyeWish BowmenBurlapBuck LairEnsueQuahaug ShamanMantleWhey ElementPwnMambos PenaltyYenTieFur UsurpsChaoticCow AughtFlayCornPay UrnDuskFowlsLeis TushSocialsVodka BuckeyeShtickHam BushelAnthemsHen DickRotShandyHah MementoBobIguana SuchPantDieWorld

DevraitPmeViaPme LimitesFermePart ProfitFusionChez UneMesEnsuiteQue BefWallonBefVoit MatinDependAlors PutMinimumTelMon UsageAuraitBiens MaisPartirRisque CuisineHaussePar MoyenMesureQuand AvezWeekendMusee ComprisEpoqueMoi PriveeLieuFutBbl PhaseAussiNonTel SuisFilBonnesMes SudSontTelLocaux HorsManqueParDes PeurAgencesParmi ChoixVingtBelges UneAssureSeinNos VousSudDesNosGsm RevenusTitresMon UsdPenseCesSuivi RapportTropGamme CallCentreActuel FevrierPasseLors BonAmisOutilsCet

БоевикПятьДосада ЛукВстатьСделать ДубГоловаМышьЛуч УчебныйОнаМагКто ПокаЖитьЛесНарод ПадатьПервыйНерв ВидныйСверхуСоюз ФуражкаМастерТри ТонКапляЛевНизко ЛетаЯкобыВинаОна ПлеватьТрупАкция РядомГубаЕлкаВид ТакГораИтакНищий ДевицаКнижныйТыл ВекНеловкоРюкзак ПриходПутьПолоса ЖенихУхоЛучМалыш РадаЛесЭтоСейВид ТанкРядСекретЕда ЗаодноЖивойМесяц КружокТихоСтоять СестьДокладСудно ЖаркоГенералРана ЗеленьШумБригада РезкийПлаватьГул ОтстатьСценаНары СмешноДракаКупол ЕжелиГлупоВидный

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 06:25:58 am »
<snip>

surprisingly microshit AD passwords let you use (almost) the full unicode set

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/hh994562(v=ws.11)

ANYway my good passwords are password1! and password2@, I use them everywhere
honk honk

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2022, 06:53:55 pm »
<snip>

surprisingly microshit AD passwords let you use (almost) the full unicode set

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/hh994562(v=ws.11)

ANYway my good passwords are password1! and password2@, I use them everywhere

this one time at [previous employer] we had a bug caused by allowing emojis in passwords on the front-end but the back-end converted the values into another encoding before hashing them. We didn't even notice this was happening until we built the new version of the platform (which actually properly handled emojis on the back-end) and certain users were no longer able to log into their devices. We had to release a hotfix which tried both unicode and the legacy encoding when users logged into their accounts
*spork*

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 07:53:25 am »