Jobs

• 8 Replies
Jobs
« on: April 03, 2017, 09:10:37 pm »
Things are winding down at my job and I'm going to be working part time soon. Fortunately I'll still be making enough money to cover all my monthly expenses and put away some savings, but more importantly I'll have a ton of extra time to work on Wetfish!

In May I'm planning on registering Wetfish as a company and setting up a bank account with transparent finances. In the short term I'll be investing about $6000 to cover server costs for the next 6 months and 180 hours of work for contractors at $25 an hour. At a minimum we're going to need a designer, developer, and a sysadmin.

Some of the first projects include creating a donation platform, designing a cute layout for login.wetfish.net, and setting up more robust automatic backups with server monitoring & cool graphs
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:14:01 pm by rachel »
*spork*

Re: Jobs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 09:19:37 pm »
Oh I guess at some point we'll need somebody to write documentation too. With lots of cute illustrations
*spork*

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 05:07:21 am »
Build something like this in your home/office so you can monitor the status of wetfish:

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 05:20:42 am »
Build something like this in your home/office so you can monitor the status of wetfish:

That looks cool, they have a similar monitoring setup at the local datacenter I use.
*spork*

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 04:39:24 am »
I started setting up this jobs board on trello: https://trello.com/b/xS4ageoh/jobs

Right now it's mostly just lists of ideas. Planning on spending the rest of this month fleshing it out so there's a lot of information for people who want to get involved.
*spork*

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 05:29:59 am »
Will you provide health insurance for your employees?

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 05:39:36 am »
Will you provide health insurance for your employees?

No, there probably won't be any employees for the first year at least. Everything will be contract work (1099-MISC) until all of our core software is developed. Once we have the software deployed internally we'd be in a good position to start approaching other businesses to adopt it themselves. Ideally we'll have sales people getting a commission from leads and if they're able to find a significant number of clients we could start hiring actual W-2 employees.
*spork*

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 07:57:19 am »
Hit me up when you need a vaguely-assigned consultant to optimize business and development lifecycle processes.

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 05:36:54 am »
New blog post about this on https://wetfish.net/
*spork*