IRC bot replacement thread

• 4 Replies
IRC bot replacement thread
« on: April 10, 2017, 09:14:16 am »
It's been a rocky couple of weeks on the #wetfish IRC. First ceph wanted honk to replace all of neuromancer's features because there were "too many bots" in the channel. He added all of Neuromacner's features to Honk's code and then we shut down Neuromancer. A few days after that, ceph got banned from #wetfish for acting like a dick. Then he said "well if I'm banned, I'm taking honk with me!"

At first h set up a relay so anytime ran a honk command in #wetfish, the command would be relayed to #freefish and she would copy Honk's reply back into #wetfish. That worked great for a day or two, but then ceph banned h from using honk. Then Alice decided to start writing her own bot from scratch, without using any libraries, and started reading IRC RFCs from the 90s. Simultaneously h decided to upgrade her bot called topkek to support SSL.

For a few days, everything was great. topkek had nearly all the features that were missing... but then, tragedy struck. Yesterday h decided to switch from her laptop to her desktop and apparently the bot was running from her home computer. So now no more topkek.

tldr: We need somebody to make a replacement bot for #wetfish

Here's some lists of features.

Quote from: Neuromancer features
- Emotes (>downy, >id, >dunno, >intense)
- Help
- Tell
- URL title parser
- Weather
- Wolfram alpha
- YouTube info parser

Quote from: Honk features
- Google search
- YouTube search
- Image search
- Twitter search
- Tumblr search
- Gif search
- Skynet (randomly send a line of text from the chat to a natural language processing library, determine the subject of the sentence, and then search for that subject on youtube and output the most recent comment)

Quote from: Other cool features
- Urban Dictionary
- Fucking Weather
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 09:40:51 pm by rachel »
*spork*

Re: IRC bot replacement thread
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 10:40:47 am »
Oh hey. Shit to make Kitten do now. I'll work on some of this.
Might be pretty basic at first but better than nothing.

HYRULEAN TIPPED 420 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 02:09:02 am »

Nice!!

If you make the emotes module you should also add this one... [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅10)̲̅$̲̅]

The command would be >10bux / >bux or something

KITLERO TIPPED 10 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:12:46 am by rachel »
*spork*

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 08:03:37 am »

Nice!!

If you make the emotes module you should also add this one... [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅10)̲̅$̲̅]

The command would be >10bux / >bux or something

Ooh, alright, I'll try my best when I get off work. Noted

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »
Can somebody make a biblebot that outputs / searches for bible quotes? It would be cool if it fetched from an API that returns different translations of the bible. There are some really funny "street bibles"

First off, nothing. No light, no time, no substance, no matter. Second off, God starts it all off and WHAP! Stuff everywhere! Genesis 1:1

It?s creative. It?s colourful. It?s the Bible as you?ve never read it. In this engaging new paraphrase, author and actor Rob Lacey renders the Bible in the language of the modern urban reader. Using MTV-style dialogue, Lacey lends fresh perspective to familiar stories and sayings. For new and seasoned readers alike, the street bible takes the message of the Scriptures into the 21st century to create the impact it had in the 1st century.
*spork*