Welcome to the future

• 4 Replies
Welcome to the future
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:26:04 am »
*spork*

remember when online dating was taboo?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 05:09:09 am »
so a very good friend of mine, has been married long enough that when she met her husband, there was that amazing taboo about online dating. Do you guys remember that? The sites existed, but they were for "losers" or "weird people". Even facebook was kind of a novelty thing.

So for the first two years they told everyone "we met at a business conference" (I don't think either of them knew the subtext that people bang at business conferences. Both of them were super into saving themselves for marriage, so.. lol) because that's a normal, cool way to meet a complete stranger, right?

After a while they started telling people "actually we met on match.com" which is well, a little more believable since one of them is really shy and would never talk to anyone at a conference. This was the story for about four more years.

About a year ago I got the real deal story. Craigslist. They met on craigslist and were so ashamed they invented cover stories. Supposedly one of them posted a want ad for a lawnmower and the other replied hilariously, and the rest was history!

I wonder if in another decade I'm gonna find out it was actually at a craigslist orgy or something.

ANyway that's my story!!

NICEFISH TIPPED 30 CORAL FOR THIS POST

m'lady

Re: Welcome to the future
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:45:30 am »

I think the "don't get into strangers' cars" and "don't meet people from the internet" advices were for children.

Do you know what year women started being on the internet?

Re: Welcome to the future
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 02:12:46 pm »
Do you know what year women started being on the internet?

1969, ʰᵉᵉ ʰᵉᵉ ʰᵉᵉ
m'lady

Storytime with Uncle FUck Truck
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 02:16:25 pm »
i meant to put this in copypasta
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:17:56 pm by here cums the fuck truck »
m'lady