« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 09:18:18 am »
I would like for my avatar to be holding a gun to its head

thank you
Shit Ass

Re: Featured items coming soon - post your suggestions here
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 09:36:57 am »

thank you
I think the closest we can get is the gun pointing up to it's head. I'll try something while I'm working on it tonight - might look retarded but that's the point IMO.
愛してるよ~!!!

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 12:21:53 pm »
how about a cute lil bow or ribbon for my head fin?
I would absolutely LOVE literally anything houndstooth so keep that in mind. (willing to design it if you'd like.)
AMAZING! <3 <3 <3 wetfish online is the BEST wetfish online forever times 100.
讨厌坐地铁-呆保静❣

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 12:22:34 pm »

thank you
I think the closest we can get is the gun pointing up to it's head. I'll try something while I'm working on it tonight - might look retarded but that's the point IMO.
I can't wait until multiple poses and different item direction. <3

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 03:39:43 pm »

thank you

Suicide is no laughing matter. That said, maybe it can be attached to a selfie stick or something.

redheron

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 07:48:54 am »
My suggestions are blush lines, some sweet shades, and more hair options. Maybe a :3 face. Also a shirt that says anime on it.

Here I did a mock-up:

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 08:15:01 am »
My suggestions are blush lines, some sweet shades, and more hair options. Maybe a :3 face. Also a shirt that says anime on it.

Here I did a mock-up:

Cool! If you want to post the individual items I can stick them in the db so that they could get featured. Each item must be a 120x150 png with alpha. They each also need a 38x38 png icon.

I am still planning on making user-owned shops with custom items, but there is a lot of work to do yet.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:16:58 am by Wetfish Online »

redheron

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 10:05:29 am »
like this?

anime shirt:

red hair on:

blush (should probably go under the eyes layer somehow):

shades:

:3 mouth:

also do I get free copies of these for inventing them because if so I'll make so many more

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 11:34:16 am »
Whoops, see below.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 12:09:33 pm by Kitlero »

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2016, 12:08:38 pm »
Wow, Redheron, I really like you sunglasses. I can't wait to purchase a pair!

Also, can we get fish Mohawks?

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 01:06:35 pm »
also do I get free copies of these for inventing them because if so I'll make so many more

I added all of your items as daily features, plus gave you 2 of them for free. Your drawings are awesome, but for now I would suggest holding out until the user-shops are ready. Adding new items is time-consuming for me, and I am lazy. Plus, with user shops, you will be able to reap sweet sweet coral from your designs.

redheron

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2016, 01:11:05 pm »
aw sweet, this is great :V

guess I'll just have to stockpile my ideas until user shops then :D

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 01:15:43 pm »

I added all of your items as daily features, plus gave you 2 of them for free. Your drawings are awesome, but for now I would suggest holding out until the user-shops are ready. Adding new items is time-consuming for me, and I am lazy. Plus, with user shops, you will be able to reap sweet sweet coral from your designs.

I'd like to know more about how scarcity of items is going to work once people can open shops and sell their own items. Is there going to be a limit to how many are sold? Once you make a design you can sell it infinitely forever? Will there need to be moderator approval for designs so people don't just make blank avatars or scribbles?
*spork*

redheron

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 01:19:03 pm »
I'd like to know more about how scarcity of items is going to work once people can open shops and sell their own items. Is there going to be a limit to how many are sold? Once you make a design you can sell it infinitely forever? Will there need to be moderator approval for designs so people don't just make blank avatars or scribbles?
Also do you have to buy them from yourself if you want to wear them? Can you just have what you make for free? Whats stopping people from copying the pixels from more expensive "official" items?

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2016, 01:38:51 pm »

I'm still thinking about exactly how it will work, but here's roughly the idea right now:

Designing
- First you would have to purchase a consumable item called Blueprinter (or something like that)
- Then, you use your Blueprinter to submit the artwork and details for your item
- Your design goes through an approval process performed by moderators
- Required materials for crafting your item are generated based on things like the item type and Blueprinter quality
- If we want mods to influence the production cost (idk yet) we can allow them to set a suggested price or rating for the item, which influences the generated requirements for materials
- Your design is returned to you as a re-usable Design item

Crafting
- You can craft any item from an approved Design as many times as you want
- Materials can be bought from NPCs.
- Maybe there are some super rare and expensive materials for things like body types and eyes, so that they remain as highly sought-after items?

Selling
- You set the price for an item and drop it off in a thread or post, like the Santa NPC.
- OR maybe the price is pre-generated, and can't be changed? And the total cost of materials always makes out to be a percentage of the item cost.

It may change a bit, but that's roughly the vision right now. It is fairly complex, so I may start off with a simplified version of that.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:42:34 pm by Wetfish Online »