interesting thing

• 7 Replies

h

interesting thing
« on: August 26, 2017, 08:04:42 am »

I plotted per-minute PRIVMSG data every 24 hours from 01-01-2016 to 01-01-2017, overlaid on one another using my own plotting library
dudeweed😂

h

Re: interesting thing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:25:07 am »

zoomed in + added mean line
dudeweed😂

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 12:28:52 pm »
Hey that's cool! Can you post a version in gmt-7?
*spork*

h

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 01:07:34 pm »
sure can
dudeweed😂

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 01:11:17 pm »
sure can

Nice! This makes sense given that most of our users are from the US / Canada
*spork*

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 08:59:28 pm »
the visual representation you've chosen for the graph makes it pretty, but also pretty useless.

also there are IRC stat bots that do that shit constantly. I like it because it's cool to see what time zones a channel is most active in. Like wetfish is clearly almost entirely US but I've been in channels that have strong contingencies from Europe, Asia and Australia and are *always chatty*. its wonderful. i love internet.

maybe we could have one of those in wetfishglsdf
m'lady

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 11:48:38 am »
the visual representation you've chosen for the graph makes it pretty, but also pretty useless.

also there are IRC stat bots that do that shit constantly. I like it because it's cool to see what time zones a channel is most active in. Like wetfish is clearly almost entirely US but I've been in channels that have strong contingencies from Europe, Asia and Australia and are *always chatty*. its wonderful. i love internet.

maybe we could have one of those in wetfishglsdf

How is it "pretty useless"? You can clearly see that there are occasional periods of activity at all times of the day, but not every day. The usefulness of something is ultimately based on what information you're looking for, so there's no way for h to make this "useful" to you unless you say what information is missing.

Personally I'm curious to know how many days the graph represents.
*spork*

h

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 11:55:18 am »

I'm open to suggestions and critique as long as you make it clear what exactly is wrong

Personally I'm curious to know how many days the graph represents.

per-minute PRIVMSG data every 24 hours from 01-01-2016 to 01-01-2017
dudeweed😂