Should I shave?

• 57 Replies
Re: Should I shave?
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 11:49:50 am »
So no, you are not from Korea, you are a person with a fetish.

Ok.

I don't see what this has to do with different cultures having different standards of beauty???
MOON HEE JUN

愛してるよ~!!!

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 11:50:12 am »
Are you from Korea

I will be moving there late 2017

All the more reason to shave!

May as well continue pillaging and raping cities if we're using the "more manly" argument for it. It's the age of technology. May as well revert back to traditional gender roles if we're using outdated beliefs of what makes a gender more of that gender.
Polls don't mean anything since the only ones that agree with them are the ones that push peoples own agendas. (IE people's reaction to presidential polls)
Dude there is a difference between a physical attribute of one's face, and an action that hurts people. Another part of that article reads
Be kind.

One of the most robust findings in psychology is the halo effect, a bias where you unconsciously take one aspect of somebody as a proxy for their overall character. It's why we think beautiful people are good at their jobs, even when they aren't.

But as Scott Barry Kaufman at Greater Good notes, the halo effect works in other ways too.

A 2014 Chinese study found that people who had positive personality traits ? like kindness and honesty ? were rated as more attractive than those with negative personality traits, like being evil or mean.

"Even though beauty is an assessment of fitness value, there is no reason why assessment of fitness needs to be purely physical," Kaufman writes, meaning that being kind makes you look like you'd be a stable, worthwhile mate.

What? Who bases who's good at a job by how attractive they are? This is why this country is going down the toilet. There's no more pushing for work ethic.

redheron

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 11:50:47 am »
So no, you are not from Korea, you are a person with a fetish.

Ok.

I don't see what this has to do with different cultures having different standards of beauty???
It means your perceptions are colored by your fetish, and also that I'm probably going to stop interacting with you so much, because thats gross dude don't fetishize an entire race holy shit.

jimin

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 11:51:42 am »
It means your perceptions are colored by your fetish, and also that I'm probably going to stop interacting with you so much, because thats gross dude don't fetishize an entire race holy shit.

My perceptions of beauty are aligned with those common in Korea. What is wrong with this?

I honestly don't see how you think I'm fetishising the Korean race by stating that different cultures have different beauty standards, and that mine happen to align with theirs

redheron

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 11:53:07 am »

My perceptions of beauty are aligned with those common in Korea. What is wrong with this?
here dude

jimin

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 11:54:39 am »
here dude

That's not what I'm doing though. You're really dumb

I find pale western girls more attractive too. And if I were gay, I'd like my western men to be pale and with milky-smooth skin

redheron

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 11:55:11 am »
here dude

I find pale western girls more attractive too. And if I were gay, I'd like my western men to be pale and with milky-smooth skin
"I can't actually come up with an argument so I'm gonna call you dumb" ok bye

jimin

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2016, 11:56:00 am »
"I can't actually come up with an argument so I'm gonna call you dumb" ok bye

ignoring everything else I said????????

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2016, 11:57:20 am »
here dude

IIRC the racial fetishization of pale skin really just comes from non-western countries (Korea, China, Japan, etc) wanting to be more like the western countries where white skin is predominant and they can see the culture differences and actions by those of darker and lighter skin. Wouldn't this just be a fetish of a fetish?

jimin

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2016, 11:59:11 am »
IIRC the racial fetishization of pale skin really just comes from non-western countries (Korea, China, Japan, etc) wanting to be more like the western countries where white skin is predominant and they can see the culture differences and actions by those of darker and lighter skin. Wouldn't this just be a fetish of a fetish?

I just find girls with pale skin more attractive. It's like asking a gay person why they're gay. Things just are man

I read somewhere that in Korea pale skin is preferred because having tanned skin use to mean you were poor and had to work outside in the fields, and this beauty standard just never went away

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2016, 12:05:38 pm »

I just find girls with pale skin more attractive. It's like asking a gay person why they're gay. Things just are man

I read somewhere that in Korea pale skin is preferred because having tanned skin use to mean you were poor and had to work outside in the fields, and this beauty standard just never went away

There's a difference between skin color and ingrained sexuality. You can 'teach' yourself to respond positively in a sexual manner to things, after all.
That was the same in Europe and America which has now progressed to tan skin to show that people have the free time to tan, but with Asians being behind the times(China continuing to use coal after seeing what it did to Western countries and could have a more prosperous society without smog, but they rather keep their aristocrats happy) they will soon turn to tanned skin as well, it already makes an appearance such as in Ganguro.

jimin

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2016, 12:09:54 pm »
There's a difference between skin color and ingrained sexuality. You can 'teach' yourself to respond positively in a sexual manner to things, after all.
That was the same in Europe and America which has now progressed to tan skin to show that people have the free time to tan, but with Asians being behind the times(China continuing to use coal after seeing what it did to Western countries and could have a more prosperous society without smog, but they rather keep their aristocrats happy) they will soon turn to tanned skin as well, it already makes an appearance such as in Ganguro.

Don't really care tbh, redheron is just a retard.

I don't see how my own attractions in any way matter. My point was that what is considered attractive changes amongst different cultures, as a counter to redheron's experiment link 'proving' some facial hair was the most attractive.

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2016, 12:14:45 pm »
Why is everyone wearing so much clothes?
o bb

« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2016, 12:17:06 pm »

Don't really care tbh, redheron is just a retard.

I don't see how my own attractions in any way matter. My point was that what is considered attractive changes amongst different cultures, as a counter to redheron's experiment link 'proving' some facial hair was the most attractive.

Please don't say such things. Heron is pretty cool and just trying to help. Also, you can't just pick and choose what part of arguments you want to listen to if they don't agree with yours or don't put perspective on things when you were trying to put perspective on your words to Heron.

Your attractions matter in this context because you're just thinking you have the same standards of attraction as people born with and ingrained with their definitions of beauty and that makes you close enough to be one of them when you're really just thinking you are. You may prefer pale skin but you could teach yourself to be attracted to tan skin or dyed hair. Different cultures were raised in it but subject to the mass changing of fetish as well. Not to mention Asians have shit facial hair genetics so why would you think that western magazines are going to know anything about Asian facial hair. lol

jimin

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2016, 12:19:11 pm »
Please don't say such things. Heron is pretty cool and just trying to help. Also, you can't just pick and choose what part of arguments you want to listen to if they don't agree with yours or don't put perspective on things when you were trying to put perspective on your words to Heron.

Your attractions matter in this context because you're just thinking you have the same standards of attraction as people born with and ingrained with their definitions of beauty and that makes you close enough to be one of them when you're really just thinking you are. You may prefer pale skin but you could teach yourself to be attracted to tan skin or dyed hair. Different cultures were raised in it but subject to the mass changing of fetish as well. Not to mention Asians have shit facial hair genetics so why would you think that western magazines are going to know anything about Asian facial hair. lol

What does this have to do with me saying that the experiment probably only looked at one culture and was hence subject to only that culture's standard of beauty??