Depression: you are what you eat

• 3 Replies
Depression: you are what you eat
« on: August 16, 2018, 06:03:32 pm »
I know depression is pretty rampant in the wetfish community and I'm thinking maybe I should at least try to look into my own a little bit. 

I do all the regular stuff like therapy, anti-depressants, as well as regular worship of the Great Fish Cod: Pelagion, but it's not enough.  Maybe it's my shitty diet?  This article certainly thinks so.  (I know this isn't reddit, but maybe we could all share our experiences with eating better and whether it affects our depression or not).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-food-that-helps-battle-depression-1522678367?mod=djmc_pkt_ff
aka luke

Re: Depression: you are what you eat
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 02:54:27 pm »
Good sleep.

Good food.

Excercise.

THe big three!
m'lady

gris

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 12:36:29 am »
I know depression is pretty rampant in the wetfish community and I'm thinking maybe I should at least try to look into my own a little bit. 

I do all the regular stuff like therapy, anti-depressants, as well as regular worship of the Great Fish Cod: Pelagion, but it's not enough.  Maybe it's my shitty diet?  This article certainly thinks so.  (I know this isn't reddit, but maybe we could all share our experiences with eating better and whether it affects our depression or not).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-food-that-helps-battle-depression-1522678367?mod=djmc_pkt_ff

Fish has a lot of parasites.  Me no trusty. 

I like the chicken, tofu, broccoli, kale, carrots, peppers, once in a while beef, and beans.  On and Spinach is okay too, also olives and eggs.

I've found my immediate circumstances and the company I'm keeping(or lack of thereof) and their effect on me has a stronger relation to my mental state than what I'm eating.

I can be eating not a lot at all or just eating when I can mostly living on coffee and as long as i feel like I'm doing meaningful work and I've got someone to cuddle up to at night even if I'm only getting paid jack shit an hour, I'm pretty content.

I can make a few hundred dollars in a night go and buy really healthy stuff for the week cook it and be stuck completely alone and not even want to get out of bed. It really depends.

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 01:04:37 am »

Fish has a lot of parasites.  Me no trusty. 

I like the chicken, tofu, broccoli, kale, carrots, peppers, once in a while beef, and beans.  On and Spinach is okay too, also olives and eggs.

I've found my immediate circumstances and the company I'm keeping(or lack of thereof) and their effect on me has a stronger relation to my mental state than what I'm eating.

I can be eating not a lot at all or just eating when I can mostly living on coffee and as long as i feel like I'm doing meaningful work and I've got someone to cuddle up to at night even if I'm only getting paid jack shit an hour, I'm pretty content.

I can make a few hundred dollars in a night go and buy really healthy stuff for the week cook it and be stuck completely alone and not even want to get out of bed. It really depends.

So we should stop hanging out with each other?
aka luke