ADA Request for Shitpost Central

• 4 Replies
ADA Request for Shitpost Central
« on: February 03, 2017, 11:21:01 am »
I would like to make an Americans with Disabilities Act request for a modification in your policies and procedures to have my background in Shitpost Central changed to a more accommodating one that will not trigger my health issues. I would like to ask that the background be the same one as the main directory of the forum, the plain gray colored one.

Re: ADA Request for Shitpost Central
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 11:24:36 am »

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 11:29:14 am »
I would like to make an Americans with Disabilities Act request for a modification in your policies and procedures to have my background in Shitpost Central changed to a more accommodating one that will not trigger my health issues. I would like to ask that the background be the same one as the main directory of the forum, the plain gray colored one.

Unfortunately the ADA does not apply to websites that do not count as "public accommodations." A "public accommodation" is classified, in relation to webpages, as E-commerce or the web extension of any brick-and-mortar store. You can find the public accommodations list here:

https://www.ada.gov/taman3.html
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:32:06 am by Kitlero »

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 11:45:14 am »

Unfortunately the ADA does not apply to websites that do not count as "public accommodations." A "public accommodation" is classified, in relation to webpages, as E-commerce or the web extension of any brick-and-mortar store. You can find the public accommodations list here:

Actually precedent has been set to define the ADA as encompassing all future technologies from the date of its inception decades ago.

Refer to National Association of the Deaf vs. Netflix

https://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20FDCO%2020120620B47/NATIONAL%20ASS'N%20OF%20THE%20DEAF%20v.%20NETFLIX,%20INC.

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 02:37:28 pm »

Actually precedent has been set to define the ADA as encompassing all future technologies from the date of its inception decades ago.

Refer to National Association of the Deaf vs. Netflix

https://www.leagle.com/decision/In%20FDCO%2020120620B47/NATIONAL%20ASS'N%20OF%20THE%20DEAF%20v.%20NETFLIX,%20INC.

The court case of NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF THE DEAF v. NETFLIX, INC. - 2012 mentions that the case was brought forward under "public accomodations" not being met falling under it being E-commerce as they had to purchase the service.

Code: [Select]
According to Plaintiffs (NAotD), Defendant(NETFLIX) is
a business that provides a subscription service of internet based
streaming video through the Watch Instantly web site
and, as such, is analogous to a brick-and-mortar store or
other venue that provides similar services, such as a video
rental store.

A Place of public accommodation means a facility operated by a private entity whose operations affect commerce and fall within at least one of the following categories ?

(1) Place of lodging, except for an establishment located within a facility that contains not more than
five rooms for rent or hire and that actually is occupied by the proprietor of the establishment as the
residence of the proprietor. For purposes of this part, a facility is a "place of lodging" if it is ?
(i) An inn, hotel, or motel; or
(ii) A facility that ?
(A) Provides guest rooms for sleeping for stays that primarily are short-term in nature (generally 30
days or less) where the occupant does not have the right to return to a specific room or unit after the
conclusion of his or her stay; and
(B) Provides guest rooms under conditions and with amenities similar to a hotel, motel, or inn, including
the following ?
(1) On- or off-site management and reservations service;
(2) Rooms available on a walk-up or call-in basis;
(3) Availability of housekeeping or linen service; and
(4) Acceptance of reservations for a guest room type without guaranteeing a particular unit or room until
check-in, and without a prior lease or security deposit.
(2) A restaurant, bar, or other establishment serving food or drink;
(3) A motion picture house, theater, concert hall, stadium, or other place of exhibition or entertainment;
(4) An auditorium, convention center, lecture hall, or other place of public gathering;
(5) A bakery, grocery store, clothing store, hardware store, shopping center, or other sales or rental establishment;
(6) A laundromat, dry-cleaner, bank, barber shop, beauty shop, travel service, shoe repair service, funeral parlor,
gas station, office of an accountant or lawyer, pharmacy, insurance office, professional office of a health care provider,
hospital, or other service establishment;
(7) A terminal, depot, or other station used for specified public transportation;
(8) A museum, library, gallery, or other place of public display or collection;
(9) A park, zoo, amusement park, or other place of recreation;
(10) A nursery, elementary, secondary, undergraduate, or postgraduate private school, or other place of education;
(11) A day care center, senior citizen center, homeless shelter, food bank, adoption agency, or other social
service center establishment; and
(12) A gymnasium, health spa, bowling alley, golf course, or other place of exercise or recreation.

The most recent information in regards to the ADA is at:
https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pubId=201410&RIN=1190-AA61

Consequently, the Department is proposing to amend its title III regulation to expressly address the obligations
of public accommodations to make the websites they use to provide their goods and services to the public accessible to
and usable by individuals with disabilities under the legal framework established by the ADA. The proposed regulation
will propose the scope of the obligation to provide accessibility when persons with disabilities attempt to access websites
of public accommodations, as well as propose the technical standards necessary to comply with the ADA.

Seeing as WFO doesn't affect commerce, as you are not given the ability to purchase anything from the site, they do not need to be ADA compliant.

BROWSER TIPPED 2000 CORAL FOR THIS POST