Re: Burning Man bought a geyser
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 12:45:51 pm »

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 01:30:01 am »
*spork*

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 11:28:55 pm »
http://www.damer.com/pictures/events/burningman2002/blowout/alphaguide.html

I ... lived through the cataclysm; I was one of those who didn't get out in time. I sat through the dust on Tuesday and Wednesday, watching firsthand from the cab of the crane truck. I watched as everything got buried and generally destroyed. Waves of blinding white alkali scratched over the cab as my truck reeled with each blinding gust. Loading anything was out of the question. Trying to sleep in any vehicle was like trying to nap in a Shop Vac -- running. No one could leave. You couldn't see for more than a couple of feet. It was like being incarcerated, against your will and better judgment, in one of the largest expanses of open horizon in North America
*spork*

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2018, 10:37:32 pm »
*spork*

Come hang out with me & devnill at burning man
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 10:53:00 pm »
*spork*

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 07:49:28 am »
i didn't know you couldn't have logos at burning man lmao. thats some haute couture shit man i can't afford, all my prole gear has logos on it.

i've never seen a map of burning man before, i like it! also i didn't know it was two miles across! wild!
m'lady

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 12:31:08 am »
i didn't know you couldn't have logos at burning man lmao. thats some haute couture shit man i can't afford, all my prole gear has logos on it.

i've never seen a map of burning man before, i like it! also i didn't know it was two miles across! wild!

It's cool, you can sleep in my dome

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 2 CORAL FOR THIS POST

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 2 CORAL FOR THIS POST

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 5 CORAL FOR THIS POST

*spork*

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2018, 04:16:35 pm »
*spork*

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 07:13:57 pm »
747 airplane from Burning Man still sitting in Black Rock Desert; BLM says get it out

https://www.rgj.com/story/life/arts/burning-man/2018/09/14/747-airplane-burning-man-still-sitting-black-rock-desert/1304974002/

*spork*

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 10:27:56 pm »
Quote from: youtube
thats some funny shit... i wish there was a burning man gathering all year round. like a little town with no rules, just peace and love, and crazyness.. and tuns of art.
*spork*

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 10:56:33 am »
*spork*

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2019, 02:22:11 am »
But a second approach is better.  Playfully make our spaces off-brand.

I heard a story, a couple of months ago, about a group of men in Black Rock City who would periodically all wear adult diapers, and nothing else, and go from art piece to art piece looking for people who were obviously doing fashion shoots with Burning Man as a backdrop … and get in their pictures. Make sure that every shot they took had a bunch of guys wearing adult diapers in it. And when the angry fashion photographers and models said “get the hell out of our shots!” politely saying “no.”  No, you don’t get to chase citizens of Black Rock City away from the art so that you can model in front of it.  A bunch of guys in adult diapers not only get to be here too, they are in fact living up to our aspirations.

That seems just right.

https://journal.burningman.org/2019/01/opinion/serious-stuff/what-burning-man-can-learn-from-the-fyre-festival/
*spork*

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2019, 03:28:04 pm »
https://journal.burningman.org/2019/03/black-rock-city/leaving-no-trace/blm-threatens-future-of-burning-man-with-draft-environmental-impact-statement/

One particularly brazen recommendation would require Burning Man Project to pay for maintenance of County Road 34, which leads to the event’s entrance. We know of no other instance in the United States where a private entity is required by the federal government to pay for maintenance of a public county road that is also used year-round by residents, tourists, and businesses. In addition, Nevada and Washoe County include a gas tax allocated in part for road repair (which participants have contributed to for 29 years). More importantly, Burning Man Project is already working closely in collaboration with Washoe County to find a more permanent solution for CR34.

Other serious problems with the Draft EIS include BLM recommending nearly 10 miles of K-rail or Jersey barriers installed around the Black Rock City perimeter fence; dumpsters placed in the city and along Gate Road for 80,000 people to deposit their trash, despite our Leave No Trace ethos and track record; and that Burning Man Project contract and pay for a BLM-approved private security company reporting to BLM, to screen for weapons and drugs in all vehicles, and to search participants, vendors, contractors, staff, and volunteers at all points of entry to Black Rock City.
*spork*