[Meta-Discussion] Should what be glined from FishNet?

• 33 Replies
[Meta-Discussion] Should what be glined from FishNet?
« on: May 28, 2020, 12:35:33 am »
00:51 < what> its nazi time
01:11 -!- Anomaly [[email protected]] has quit [Client exited]
01:27 -!- what changed the topic of #freefish to: WHITE POWER
01:29 -!- what is now known as Clayton_Bigsby
01:31 < Clayton_Bigsby> I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU
01:32 < Clayton_Bigsby> GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY
01:32 < Clayton_Bigsby> WHITE POWER
*spork*

Re: [Meta-Discussion] Should what be glined from FishNet?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 01:13:00 am »
Yes, absolutely. He's an aggressively fucking stupid /pol/tard and incapable of discussing anything in good faith. He dramatically lowers the quality of any discussion he takes part in.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 03:07:49 am »
No. He's quarantined in #freefish. #freefish is made for this purpose.
Unless he's ban evading other channels I don't think he should be glined.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 03:13:32 am »
It's like you guys sent the idiots off to Australia, but then you decided Australia was quite nice and you want to be there too.

KITLERO TIPPED 1 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 03:28:21 am »
Maybe #wetfish has become too soy and that's why #freefish is so nice now.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 03:34:42 am »
It's like you guys sent the idiots off to Australia, but then you decided Australia was quite nice and you want to be there too.

Lmao
*spork*

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 04:33:05 am »
Also, there is a /ignore command in IRC

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 04:40:38 am »
But no, you just jump for the nuclear option to deprive an autist of his outlet, when you could just use /ignore.

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 04:42:29 am »

KAYIMBO TIPPED 3717 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 04:43:23 am »
I'm glad you are so passionate about this. /ignore doesn't really solve the problem. I don't care what he has to say, but I'm tired of people complaining about him. Even if I /ignore him, people are still going to complain about him to me
*spork*

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 04:44:27 am »
I'm glad you are so passionate about this. /ignore doesn't really solve the problem. I don't care what he has to say, but I'm tired of people complaining about him. Even if I /ignore him, people are still going to complain about him to me

Those people should /ignore him then.

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 04:44:54 am »

Those people should /ignore him then.

Instead of complaining to you.

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 05:22:05 am »
What pretty much hates me and literally everything I've ever done in my life and thinks I'm a terrible person. 

But I think I've still had like one normal conversation with him that didn't go totally dsockwell (but I can't remember)

I thought freefish was basically the anything goes channel so stuff like he does sort of belongs there? This is confusing. 

I mean maybe slap him around a little  and tug on his nips or something, put some dirty socks in his mouth i guess? but don't ban him
carpetdime

M-C

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 06:17:55 am »

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:26:02 pm by M-C »

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 06:22:08 am »
discord makes ignoring easier i can do it with GUI clicks instead of typing and looking up hostmask and has taught me to be quite liberal with ignores, but not permanently. Sometimes I just ignore someone for a day, or an hour, or ten minutes, while they go off on some weird shit.

it sounds like the real problem isn't what's behavior but people complaining about what to rachel; and a group failure to cooperatively live by those six simple words "don't bother rachel about dumb shit"

i used to expect mods to make their domain less shitty; now i realize how fucking exhausting moderation is, not just in time spent dealing with complaints but with emotional and mental.. garbage. trying to be objective about complaints often will completely ruin a mods personal enjoyment of a thing.

i'm starting to think moderation should be a paid, professional job. i would pay $2/month for a forum that was professionally moderated.

No? wtf are u doin rachel?

Your stated reason is too many people are whining about him to you.

1) name the anonymous whiners so theyre less likely to talk shit behind ppls backs in future

2) youre falling for classic squeaky wheel pressure tactics. this is how you turn into THE MAN

dont be a huge bitch rachel come on. this has annoyed me.

Besides all of this, complaining about anything that happens in freefish is invalid, by definition.

I know what is a cock, he even used to try and bulli me quite a lot until i passed his retarded shittests or whatever, but still.

Wetfish turning into a popularity contest seems far more offensive than anything a droll retard like what could ever do tbh.

i agree with all this. also what used to really piss me off and doesn't anymore, idk who changed.
m'lady