Wetfish LAND Party

• 92 Replies
Re: Wetfish LAND Party
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2021, 12:53:53 am »
wow i look good from behind. lol but yeah seeing all that mess turned into something nice was great, although i'm curious as to how they're going to get buried, i think we were talking about generating massive ammounts of compost, by taking food waste of sorts from grasses and the like.

I'm going to dig the soil from up hill of the hugels and cover them. Thereby creating an even deeper basin to collect water, and not costing me anything.

A big goal for me is to use as many on-site resources as possible to keep costs down. The cheaper it is for us to figure out how to do these things, the more people will be able to replicate our work.
*spork*

« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2021, 12:24:02 pm »
Yesterday I went for a hike with this girl I have a crush on.

There hasn't been much rain this summer but fortunately the waterfall is still flowing!

We walked down into the valley, up to the waterfall, and down to the middle falls where we turned around. The whole hike through the valley we were picking wild berries and mint. We sat on the pot rock ate a sandwich & some granola bars.

Also we found a couple piles of bear poop in the trail!

*spork*

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2021, 09:22:47 am »
Went for a hike with Woodcat and her roommates over the weekend. We hiked around and hung out by the waterfall for a couple hours, then at sunset we hiked back up to the top of the mountain and watched Jupiter and the moon rise over the horizon. It was totally not planned at all, just a fun serendipitous adventure.

*spork*