Wetfish LAND Party

• 118 Replies
Re: Wetfish LAND Party
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2020, 02:50:14 pm »
Congrats on making the land purchase! That's so awesome!

I forgot basic details: approximately where is it in relation to Ft. Collins, 15 min in which direction? what is the cost per acre up there?

Ft Collins is east of the rocky mountains, and this property is in the mountains... so it's west :P

The cost per acre is around $3,000 if you are buying 30+ acres, otherwise it's more like $10,000 per acre for smaller lots
*spork*

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2020, 05:06:37 am »
i'm thinking of buying a house out here in PA, i've just discovered sherrif sales (buying a house for the price of the tax lien). thing is, the tax rate here is astronomical - 12.5%! every year! but people end run this by getting their houses assessed for much less than they're actually worth, a house goes for 150k and its assessed at 40k, etc.

house down the street from me is in shabby condition, last went for 20k but was assessed at 44k. i was thinking of buying it and fixing it up but i don't know how to bribe locals for a new assessment.
m'lady

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 04:57:10 pm »
Hello All,

We did finish the survey today. We set or found all boundary corners and located improvements. I will issue a survey Monday morning. I will respond to everyone on this email with a PDF version (signed and stamped) of my survey. Have a great weekend. Thanks for choosing [surveying company].

Take care
[Survey dude]
*spork*

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2020, 05:06:58 pm »
Contract is officially closed as of an hour ago. Wetfish now owns 45 acres in the mountains

ANOMALY TIPPED 45 CORAL FOR THIS POST

NEPNEP TIPPED 800 CORAL FOR THIS POST

*spork*

Ozmiander

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2020, 06:11:59 pm »

Nothing like driving up a treacherous mountain road in the dark while it's snowing!

RACHEL TIPPED FOR THIS POST

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2020, 10:15:15 am »
where is thread for underground techniques?   I've been looking domes this morning.... pretty fucking cheap...

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2020, 10:19:07 pm »
where is thread for underground techniques?   I've been looking domes this morning.... pretty fucking cheap...

It's over here https://wetfishonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=3335

*spork*

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2020, 10:30:33 pm »
Some pictures from the land today

*spork*

Ozmiander

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2020, 10:56:49 pm »

Ozmiander

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2020, 10:57:53 pm »
NTS: Don't try to climb steep snowy hills in treadless worn sneakers.

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2020, 05:57:03 pm »
We brought Woodcat for a hike today!

We cleaned out a bunch of dead plants and rocks from the pit (the previous owner dug a hole like 8 feet deep for some reason)

And then we found a pile of rocks that I made while viewing the property with the realtor months ago

*spork*

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2020, 06:00:59 pm »
I can't believe she came all the way to the pit but didn't get in it

Woodcat said "I'm just observing"

Maybe next time she'll get in my pit
*spork*

Ozmiander

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2020, 06:07:49 pm »
the best part is that it's named The Devil's Minty Butthole because it's a red hole full of mint.

RACHEL TIPPED FOR THIS POST

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2020, 12:47:43 pm »
I am getting so educated right now

*spork*

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2020, 09:26:36 pm »
Went back up to the land today with Saxton. We got a battery powered chainsaw yesterday. After purchasing a chainsaw my boyfriend and my ex-boyfriend both told me to be very careful and gave me lots of tips and info about safety equipment, lol.

There used to be a cabin on the property, but it burned along with many of the trees which now cover the property. We cut all of the branches off of the dead trees that were blocking the driveway down to the old foundation of the cabin.

BEFORE

AFTER

*spork*