Rednecks vs Robots

• 55 Replies

Ozmiander

Re: Rednecks vs Robots
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2020, 07:17:05 am »
UTV != Golf Cart :P

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2020, 10:54:11 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/30/iran-says-nuclear-scientist-killed-by-remote-controlled-device

USER WAS BANNED FROM THIS TOPIC
Reason: Nuclear scientists are not rednecks

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2020, 02:17:38 pm »
Update from the cleaning crew:

Wetfish owns this garbage. This is our pile of garbage you guys
*spork*

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2020, 07:15:44 pm »
whoa thats a mess what happened.. is that a redneck bbq? are they gonna eat that plastic when its done cooking
m'lady

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2020, 07:35:58 pm »
whoa thats a mess what happened.. is that a redneck bbq? are they gonna eat that plastic when its done cooking

The fire pit was already there,  we put up a fence around it so people would stop going there to burn things. There were debris from burnt garbage, at least one couch / mattress, and I even found a picture of the pope???

All of the bottles and cans were consolidated there by the cleaning crew. All of that stuff was spread out across the whole property and they are going to take it to the dump
*spork*

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2021, 06:52:17 am »
I'm back in NY for a couple weeks and the rednecks have been at it again despite the snow.

3 pairs of trail posts got torn out and they've been doing donuts on the frozen pond.

In response I have started clearing out dead trees and trees that are growing to close to each other and tying them together with ropes to form barricades.

*spork*

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2021, 07:44:50 am »
oof time to fell many trees so they spend more time doing that than doing donuts

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2021, 05:59:54 pm »
My step brother runs a snow plowing business so I paid him to come plow the road down to the nature preserve. It's an unmaintained dirt road down right next to a paved road so it had a big pile of snow in front of it which had to get moved first.

Then he plowed the whole road down to the property.

Then he made a 4-5 foot tall snow pile blocking the entrance to the property to stop ATVs and snowmobiles.

You can see the posts there from the old gate that got stolen, lol
*spork*

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2021, 06:08:59 pm »
Then Anomaly and snek came to help build more barriers. :D

I dropped some trees that were already dead or growing too close to each other. (Proper forest management is important!) Then we tied them all together with ropes, covered the knots in snow, and played catch with a 2500 foot ball of twine.

There are now 4 of these barriers on the property in addition to the snow wall.
*spork*

anomaly's butt & snek-sensei
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2021, 06:36:19 pm »
oh yea also bonus pic of snek-sensei and anomaly's butt

ANOMALY TIPPED FOR THIS POST

*spork*

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2021, 05:13:53 pm »
Today my mom and I went up to the Wetfish nature preserve. She had never seen the property, so we went for a walk together.

While walking around the property I did an assessment of the barriers. There were fresh tire tracks in the snow outside of the property. It looks like somebody was riding around on an ATV yesterday, trying to get into the property. It was very satisfying to see all of the places where they approached the barriers and then turned around.

That's my mom, standing triumphantly in front of the back entrance barrier.
*spork*

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2021, 04:19:01 am »
Here's an updated map!

Changelog:
- The cleaning crew did a good job of consolidating nearly all of the garbage on the property
- Most of the trail posts were ripped out and the gates were stolen
- Only one pair of trail posts remains, because they simply drove around it lol
- Lots of tree barriers added
- Some of the tree barriers around the perimeter have existed for months but were not previously listed
- Temporary snow barrier added

*spork*

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2021, 07:58:26 pm »
While walking around the property I did an assessment of the barriers. There were fresh tire tracks in the snow outside of the property. It looks like somebody was riding around on an ATV yesterday, trying to get into the property. It was very satisfying to see all of the places where they approached the barriers and then turned around.
Good to know our effort was worth it =D

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2021, 12:40:44 am »
The barriers we made have been effective. ATV use has significantly declined (not entirely stopped) and the plants are starting to regrow :D

*spork*

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2021, 12:48:06 am »
We also made a couple more small barriers quickly around the areas that people had continued to trespass on the edges of the property. They probably won't stop much but it at least sends a message and lets us know where to keep building!

*spork*