Re: who wants to give me bitcoins?
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2020, 08:37:16 pm »
*spork*

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2020, 12:00:34 am »

What a weird story.   Your room is now deadly hot from bitcoin mining.  Do you
a) Open up doors and window
b) leave the room
c) decide to stop drinking water for days and go to sleep when you feel ill.

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2021, 01:08:42 pm »
How to mine Bitcoins:

1. Remove the CPU from your computer's motherboard
2. Place metal coins and action figures onto your computer's motherboard
3. ???
4. Profit

Source: Reuters - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-crypto-currency-germany-password/police-seize-60-million-of-bitcoin-now-wheres-the-password-idUSKBN2A511T
*spork*

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2021, 10:09:45 pm »

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2021, 11:55:00 am »
Fictional cryptocurrencies by Scott Alexander.

GenghisCoin: Distributed by proof-of-research; instead of using a random cryptography problem for proof-of-work, the Genghis protocol makes users solve a specific useful problem. In this case, the particular useful problem is mining competing cryptocurrencies with fewer users than GenghisCoin. Once GenghisCoin has mined enough of a competitor, it launches a 51% attack and redistributes the competing coin to its own users in proportion to how many GenghisCoins they have.

VatiCoin After a thousand years, the Catholic Church discovered how to do indulgences right: as tradable digital tokens. Not only does an initial coin offering provide better price discovery than the Pope picking a random number, but sinners who do good deeds later can sell their coins to someone else. Subject of several court cases about whether someone's VatiCoins go to their heirs upon their deaths or whether this would defeat the point; current holders are advised to avoid the problem by not disclosing the password to their wallet.

Driverify: Developed by Tesla's self-driving-car division. Cars mine Driverify with spare computing power while idling, and spend it bidding against each other for right-of-way if they arrive at a four-way stop sign at the same time (users can preprogram how aggressively their cars bid in these auctions). Compatible Teslas would also have fenders that send electrical pulses, transmitting data into the receiver fender of another car. If two Teslas got in a fender-bender, they could use their now-connected fenders to have the at-fault car recompense the victim by transferring an appropriate amount of Driverify.

RedCoin: Karl Marx always said that communism would be a non-hierarchical economic system that prospered after the state withered away. A group of Marxist intellectuals took the obvious next step and made it an altcoin. RedCoin is notable for its reverse-proof-of-stake; you get more RedCoin in proportion to how little RedCoin you have right now, ensuring that all wallets naturally tend toward an equal amount. You can't do decentralized finance on RedCoin, but you can do decentralized linear programming calculations to determine the optimal allocation of goods in a planned economy.

HERE CUMS THE FUCK TRUCK TIPPED 111 CORAL FOR THIS POST

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2021, 09:35:23 pm »
Now you can be a New York City art-dealer asshole on the blockchain.  https://dada.nyc/home

In order to buy art from DADA.nyc, I first had to first download and install the MetaMask digital wallet Chrome browser plugin. I then created an account at Coinbase, the world’s most popular way to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin, and connected it to my bank account.  With that in place, I was able to purchase the above artwork by artist moxarra from the "Creeps & Weirdos" collection for 0.0168730806870718 Ethereum ($11.833). As the owner, I now have the option to sell the work, same as with a physical work of art - but I have to say that I have grown quite fond of it and think I will hold onto it for now.

There are at least four major areas where blockchain will disrupt the art market:

1. Driving digital art sales through digital scarcity
2. Democratizing fine art investment
3. Improving provenance and reducing art forgery
4. Creating a more ethical way of paying artists

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2021, 10:04:22 am »
don't copy that floppy

« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2021, 01:30:06 pm »
*spork*

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2021, 04:51:17 pm »
*spork*

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2021, 11:20:00 pm »
*spork*

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2021, 02:47:20 pm »
Fictional cryptocurrencies by Scott Alexander.
These are amazing!
m'lady

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2021, 10:36:38 am »
*spork*

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2021, 07:06:38 pm »
BITCOIN'S TESTOSTERONE FUELED 2021 BULL RUN!!!!!!!!!!

*spork*